Basshead15 Posted June 17, 2011 Report Posted June 17, 2011 I've recently noticed that some people on this forum don't like him and I was just wondering why because he seems to be freakishly intelligent. So what are your thought on Hexibase???
dcofer Posted June 17, 2011 Report Posted June 17, 2011 I think its because people don't really know his work. I think Pete is an awesome source of information and the pwkdesigns forum is full of intelligent people. IMO This forum and Pete's forum are my two main sources of information for general info or from actually suppliers / manufacturers. I think its because he charges for his designs (which is how he makes a living from what I see) and most people like to get their designs for free or from a local shop. I dont think there should be any animosity between these sites, they are both very well done and have great helpful members with minimal haters. just my 2 cents on the subject
fritosaregood Posted June 17, 2011 Report Posted June 17, 2011 I think most ppl dont like him because i claims his computer program can build you the perfect box for your car. and sometimes they end up good, and others not. personally I like his youtube channel, but wouldnt get a design from him. seller feedback: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61719 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=68281 build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/index.php?showtopic=44800 Gf's build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/54346-kickergirls-camaro-new-box-pg-5/#entry753970
dcofer Posted June 17, 2011 Report Posted June 17, 2011 I think most ppl dont like him because i claims his computer program can build you the perfect box for your car. and sometimes they end up good, and others not. personally I like his youtube channel, but wouldnt get a design from him. Well I wouldnt say the perfect box becasue he takes into account specifics situations in the acousitc of your car and not the stuff in it, the addition of even a water bottle will change the acoustic properties of the vehicle so naturally it wont be perfect, however considering he designs and builds boxes for a living I would be inclined to say he knows what he is doing. Just like any other designer who does this as a profession. Not to mention he often only designs them, and the rest is up to builder error. So I dont think it is fair to state this specifically about him, this statement applies to all designers in shops or freelance.
Basshead15 Posted June 17, 2011 Author Report Posted June 17, 2011 He definitely does put ALOT of thought into his box designs but i noticed that he doesn't like tuning low and says that it has no part in the desired frequency range which kind of contradicts everything that I've heard about tuning lol. Also, he's said that it's pointless for people to want to tune lower than around 35hz because no music goes past that.
TeamHT Posted June 17, 2011 Report Posted June 17, 2011 The stuff inside a vehicle would not affect the enclosure so much. I have seen people pay for enclosures which have seriously just FLOPPED when it came to actually performing. I have heard people who stated they had great results, no one I have seen in person was pleased with their designs and enclosure as a result. I didn't know anyone didn't like him (seems a little like pot stirring) and I do not even know the guy. His youtube channel is entertaining and I honestly can't even remember the last time his designs were even mentioned here. Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?
Basshead15 Posted June 17, 2011 Author Report Posted June 17, 2011 The stuff inside a vehicle would not affect the enclosure so much. I have seen people pay for enclosures which have seriously just FLOPPED when it came to actually performing. I have heard people who stated they had great results, no one I have seen in person was pleased with their designs and enclosure as a result. I didn't know anyone didn't like him (seems a little like pot stirring) and I do not even know the guy. His youtube channel is entertaining and I honestly can't even remember the last time his designs were even mentioned here. I've seen him being talked about on here a couple times. I wouldn't just pot stir. I personally think his youtube is entertaining too but I just wanted to see what everybody else thought of him.
dcofer Posted June 17, 2011 Report Posted June 17, 2011 He definitely does put ALOT of thought into his box designs but i noticed that he doesn't like tuning low and says that it has no part in the desired frequency range which kind of contradicts everything that I've heard about tuning lol. Also, he's said that it's pointless for people to want to tune lower than around 35hz because no music goes past that. That is curious because I have seen his designs tuned in the 30hz range. He tries to design for a flat response through a certain range. Its just a different technique, sometimes you can tune higher allowing the box and port to be smaller and using box and cabin rise to adjust the tuning. Again I only knw som much because I do basic box building and dont use the T/S parameters to design. But i have followed many of his designs and despite how they are tuned they almost always turn out good to the person receiving them.
Soapbox Posted June 17, 2011 Report Posted June 17, 2011 I've seen 1 of his designs that was good and 2 that were flops. 33%????? TEAM FLEX ISSUES, TEAM DC AUDIO 2010 California State Finals Champion MECA AS2 2011 California State Champion Meca S2 2011 California State Record holder Meca S2 2012 Meca Mod 4 class 152.5 and rising
skittlesRgood Posted June 17, 2011 Report Posted June 17, 2011 who? If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood. Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/ Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.