Second Skin Audio

Orion HCCA 15.2 Question

List of electrical

1/0 big 3

mechman 240 amp alt with AVBM set at 14.8 cold start

XSpower S3400 under hood wired parallel to a D1200 in trunk with 1/0

Crescendo B3500D wired to Orion 15 at moment the 15.4 wired to 2ohm.

I am looking at getting if its possible the 15.2 recone kit to wire down to 1ohm. Can the Orion take that if it can be done? I have a tpi 440 at the moment to set gain.

box is 3.60 @ 36Hz

Thanks

VbjgkeI.jpg

c7HmdKx.jpg

None of the HCCAs I have installed liked anything above 2,500 watts and got pretty stinky quick. Why not buy a second D4 and wire down to 1 ohm nominal?

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

None of the HCCAs I have installed liked anything above 2,500 watts and got pretty stinky quick. Why not buy a second D4 and wire down to 1 ohm nominal?

i was curious about these subs also. was that 2500 clamped?

1000 clamped be pushing it pretty damn far

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

The second is a possibility at end of year. Like you say the 2500rms is what I find realistically, but then there are those few posts where they say it can take 3000rms, never nothing solid to go by.

For a second sub or making box a bit bigger I will lose my back seat for sure lol.

orionintrunk.jpg

:peepwall:

VbjgkeI.jpg

c7HmdKx.jpg

i was curious about these subs also. was that 2500 clamped?

Yes, clamped. We were trying to find a good setup for the sub and the customer's power (RF T2500BD) and used three different enclosures, one designed me by. It got low, but I wasn't impressed greatly with it, and the customer lost infatuation after a couple months. It would get warm, but I think that's because of how the sub was firing, not giving it optimal flow for heat dissipiation.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

i always read about this sub that it like big boxes. makes sense it is an over sized 15" i think the mounting diameter is like 15.7" something like that. my sub also gets a bit smelly but thats mostly likly me with the clipping lol

2000 tahoe

orion hcca 15.4

kicker zx2500

2 JL 300/4s

infinity and kicker mids/highs

KHC1400 in back, stock upfront

dont ask about my HU

clarion EQ

kicker/fosgate rcas

• 4 months later...

Archived