Second Skin Audio

Working out a 6th order tuning. New design Page 2

nCOMP1337

alright, well thanks for the help youve given

right now im going to work on figuring the tuning and see what i get, i know torres isnt perfect and other factors will change the tuning, but it will give me rough idea

i was planning on a T-Line because I like them a lot, however this really peaks my interests

would anything be bothered if i had the subs mounted on the very front of the box, just thinking that would be easier for mounting and such, lol

not sure how id go about having the subs in the middle of the box in case i had to take them out for any reason

Alright, had to do a bit of redesigning, but this looks alright

first section (one with the aeros) tuned ~32.5, changed to 3 - 2 inch aeros rather than 2 4 inch (with the 4inch tuning was 38)

second section is tuned to ~57, made port 4 inches wide instead of 3 and made shortened it, with the previous port dimensions it was tuned to like 41

here are the pics of the torres for each section, please anyone that knows about 6th orders, let me know if i got something typed up wrong, thank you

torres1.png

torres2.png

2-1.png

1-1.png

ahh, so move the subs next to each other, and then the aeros would be one one end of the box while the normal port is on the other end

that would be an easy fix

series tuned 6th order

very picky boxes that can either come out as modeled or completely different. you want the rear and front at least 2 octaves away in tuning. above and below tuning it will drop off fast, on the low end it will drop off much like a ported box but on high end it will drop like a 4th order

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

so are you saying i should tune the other section to 4 times the first

so say its tuned to 25 Hz, 1 octave is 50 and 2 octaves would be 100?

or am i understanding octaves wrong, arent they twice or half of a frequency, like 1 octave above 30 is 60 and 1 octave below 30 is 15

that just seems high to me, though ive never dealt with this type of box, just sort of started as an idea, had no idea the tuning and such that would come form it, lol

I may be wrong but I thought it would be 25 and 75

it's been way to long since I actually walked through it and didn't just do it

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

Archived