Second Skin Audio

Working out a 6th order tuning. New design Page 2

nCOMP1337

10-12sq in on the rear

18-20sqin on the front

34hz and 110hz

Single 12 id do 1.75 rear

2.6front

ill try this out on a design tomorrow, see how it looks, as long as i can keep my width and height dimensions and only change depth, i shouldn't have an issue getting this design to fit

happy to see people giving advice, especially people like you that are known for lots of experience

does the vehicle it will be used in and how it is going to be used (trunk car, sealed off and firing into cabin is the plan) affect how tuning should be done

just trying to learn the most i can, im getting some conflicting feedback, ive been told to do jsut a 1:2 ration for tuning as well as 1:3, ive been told the volume of the rear chamber should be within range for the recommended sealed enclosure size of the subwoofer, ive also been told 1:1, 1:1.25, 1:1.5, 1:2 ratio for rear to front chamber volumes

Iphone or android?

They both play angry birds....

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

10-12sq in on the rear

18-20sqin on the front

34hz and 110hz

Single 12 id do 1.75 rear

2.6front

why would the front tuning need to be so high?

and what would the freq range be with those tunings?

I didnt plot it.

Was just a starting point.

Port length will kinda dictate what tuning will really be.

Then i make small changes to area and vol to find the sweet spot.

Hell, ive tune up to 140before

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

before i do much actual work on the 6th order, im going to do even more research, too much conflicting help, ive read stuff on mike singers facebook whom i know is good with them, or so ive read and heard, i know dwright is good with 4th order stuff, and i know ray is good in general with most everything, but people are just saying stuff and none of it seems to be on the same page as another person

i understand build build build for experience, mark your results and build some more, but i cannot do that til september, however til then im hoping to get a good design that has as many correct factors as i can get and then after building i can work out the pros and cons and record my results and try again if i dont like how it works, i know im a noob at all this and i shouldn't try hard stuff first, but i cant help but be interested in the more difficult styles of boxes and the difficulty with the numbers and variables involved, i enjoy dealing with that stuff, so i like to take on the project

but til i can build this myself and test with my own sub, im gonna have some fun designing different boxes for a single 12 in some sort of 6th order

here is one i had fun doing, no hard edges everything is curved, i didnt make this to a specific tuning, i built within my max dimensions and measured everything later, cause no way am i gonna try to kerf everything on my first box build, lol

tuning isnt to bad actually, off by maybe 9 hertz or more if i didnt take enough consideration into the front chamber extending the port of the rear chamber, and i tried to do the flares properly, adding the right amount to the port length to make up for it, but either way i dont plan to build this but like how it looks

v3.png

Hey bro, greetings from VENEZUELA.

I am now designing as you a 6th order bandpass box.

HAve found the same issues with information. Everybody I ask for some tips they give me different information about how to tune it and build this time of box.

I don´t want it to sound only in low freq, I want to listen every type of music with this box.

My box will be a 6th order parallel BP enclosure, for 2 kicker CVR 12".

As a user in this forum mentioned, the tuning I am testing right now with PC software bassboxpro6 is 2:1 (front:rear), because of the volume of the box I will use 1,78:1

And freq 33hz and 61hz.

I will use round ports because its easier to tune in the rear chambers, and in front chamber a slot port.

I don´t know your knowledge in this time of boxes, but they are really difficult to build because there are to many variables involved (length of the ports,front chamber tuning,rear chamber tuning,front-rear tuning ratio and so on)

What I could recommend you is to put some plexy-glass in the sub box, so that you can see the sub working watch it´s excursion. Because this tipe of boxes if they are not properly built your sub can last minutes only, and maybe if you are watching it you can prevent this to happen.

Here are some pics of my box, maybe this week I will build it.

seriesparallel.jpg

By tunerzvnz at 2011-06-23

6thorder2.jpg

6thorder3.jpg

6thorder4.jpg

6thorder1.jpg

sorry for my english, hope u understand and maybe helped with my info.

regards,

alberto

These all look good. I would like to hear what an actual 4th or 6 order sound like.

2012 GMC SIerra CC

System Build

Headunit--Stock

Sub Amp--DC 2.0k

Subs--2-SA8v2's

Enclosure--Need one made!!

Highs Amp--Sundown SAX-100.4

Front Highs--Rockford Fosgate T2652-S

Rear--Sundown Neo Pro 6.5

XS Power D2400--XS D3400

No Big Three yet!

http://www.youtube.c...ser/raolito1980

Hell, ive tune up to 140before

Are you sure it was that high? You'd need a massive amount of port area to achieve a 140hz tuning using just the 3/4" thickness of the wood as the port length.

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...

• 4 weeks later...

before i do much actual work on the 6th order, im going to do even more research, too much conflicting help, ive read stuff on mike singers facebook whom i know is good with them, or so ive read and heard, i know dwright is good with 4th order stuff, and i know ray is good in general with most everything, but people are just saying stuff and none of it seems to be on the same page as another person

Yes if you can get in touch with Mike. He is VERY good at building 6th orders. I know him personally and he built one in my buddys impala (you can watch on youtube- http://www.youtube.com/user/singaboy311#p/u/112/kMRxoG6mHus ). This guy is awesome at what he does. I am actually going to contact him and talk with him about my build. (6th order, 4 American bass XD8's in a single cab Dodge) Also, he now is building alternators, check it out at singeralternators.com

Best of Luck and Cheers!

There is a point of diminishing returns on the amount of equipment installed, kinda like throwing money out a window.

Archived