Please help... Amp and Sub issue

I have two Fi Bl 15's fully loaded in a custom enclosure i built for my car. It is powered by an AQ2200d. Today when i was driving i smelt smoke coming from the trunk. The subs were kind of warm when i got out and felt them and the amp was hot. I have 4 gauge wiring on the amp and only 14 gauge wire for speaker wire.I have not done the big three nor do i have a extra batteries. I have a stock amp. Please help me figure out what caused all this and how to fix it. I talked to a few people who said that i need bigger wire and to do the big 3. Please Help

Your probably clipping it. How was your amp set? Ear, multi meter, O-scope?

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

besides the power issue you might have, there are other things to look at. do you have a good, solid ground on your amp?

If the ground is too long, loose, or not anchored tight to bare metal, you can have this happen.

How are your subs wired? If your OHM load is to low, you can have this problem

Is your box built properly? If your port tuning is off, you can tear up your subs.

definately get the big three done asap. Your 4g power wire isn't helping you much, if your factory ground wire at your battery is 8g.

this is just the start

2005 USACi National SQ Points Champion

2008 Top 12 Installer, Mobile Electronics magazine

2009 Top 12 Installer, Mobile Electronics magazine

2010 Top 12 Installer, Mobile Electronics magazine

2012 Top 100 Installer, Mobile Electronics magazine

besides the power issue you might have, there are other things to look at. do you have a good, solid ground on your amp?

If the ground is too long, loose, or not anchored tight to bare metal, you can have this happen.

Is your box built properly? If your port tuning is off, you can tear up your subs.

definately get the big three done asap. Your 4g power wire isn't helping you much, if your factory ground wire at your battery is 8g.

this is just the start

Tread jack kinda.. How long can the ground on amp be from the battery?

If you have not a clue on how to set the gains and such and you maxed stuff out, your voltage is dropping like a lead balloon causing your amp to get hot and your subs.

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

4 gauge.... shit... theres your problem. your amp can only amplify the amount of amps that the power wire carries, regaurdless of gain settings. buy yourself some 1/0 and do yourself a favor.

like said above, what voice coils do your subs have, and give us some info on the box. i could build a custom toilet out of plywood, doesnt mean its gonna work. FI subs hate being tuned low, i have no idea why, something with the kind of suspensions and coils FI uses.

plus, your port could be choking the subs.

you seem to have more money than knowledge, i say just get yourself a deep cycle marine battery and swap it in. you'll be suprised what it can do.

Edited by SkylarDunn

Getting bass into the cabin of a W124 mercedes is impossible.

Current setup:

Temp 1999 panasonic HU

rockford 300.2 for fronts

rockford 200.2 for rears

rockford 400.1 for sub

Leaning towards a 8" in an exponential horn

DAMN YOU GERMANS AND YOUR 5" SPEAKERS!

this is just the start

Tread jack kinda.. How long can the ground on amp be from the battery?

The ground needs to be as short as possible.

2005 USACi National SQ Points Champion

2008 Top 12 Installer, Mobile Electronics magazine

2009 Top 12 Installer, Mobile Electronics magazine

2010 Top 12 Installer, Mobile Electronics magazine

2012 Top 100 Installer, Mobile Electronics magazine