anyone have any idea what the difference would be between stock 18" wheels and aftermarket 19"? lol i got the car for speed but with all this equiptment im not sure how fast ima be going... plus a smaller pully and bigger injectors can get me back to stock times

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

Well heres the deal that i learned about wheel size. I added a few things to my car full intake and full exhaust. Dynoed.. added about 14hp at the wheels put on my lighter 17" (went from 14") and I lost HP then reason is because its harder for it to start and stay spinning. it has to do with inertia. the weight has moved from the inner most point to an out point. harder to move.  I went up three inches, with you only going up 1" should be bad. Handleing will go up. but look into new shocks and springs first. if you ever plan on lowering it you need to make sure it won't rub

SMDsigbannr4.jpg1995 Geo Prism . FI BTL 12 P chamfer, 3rdmagnet HIXMAX COIL 1/0 big 3 HIFONICS COLOSSUS 1.7 cubs tuned to 60hz in the works 2xTruck battery 1125 cca.

damn forgot about the whole moving weight thing. but in terms of lowering i should be able to do an inch alright since the max alowed in my wheel well is a 20 wheel (i would ahve to use the 30 tire vs the 35 whcih im assuming i would have got with a 19) oem is 215/45/18 so i would go to the 245/30/19 and a 1" drop(havent measured and i wont by all the parts yet but im just thinkign it should work in theory)

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

well it also depends what the wheel is made of. the lighter the rim, the more weight is towards the outside of the assembly. if ur tire weighs more than ur rim, the car will also stop a lot slower than it would if more weight was towards the middle of the rim. plus an underdrive pulley might not help cause ur gonna be puttin a strain on the alternator with the amp draw when u get 1.

duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

hmm i doubt it should mess with the alternator at all because gm offers a fully warrentied pulley swap, injector upgrade and reflash of the computer.

well if the pulleys smaller then the supercharger moves faster... but im pretty sure with a tightener i could use the same belt (or maybe theres one in the package) but anyway if gm says they warrenty this upgrade for my entire extended warrenty time (7 years) then fuck it ill sign up... lol and i found out that its only going to cost me about a grand for this upgrade over 1500

Well heres the deal that i learned about wheel size. I added a few things to my car full intake and full exhaust. Dynoed.. added about 14hp at the wheels put on my lighter 17" (went from 14") and I lost HP then reason is because its harder for it to start and stay spinning. it has to do with inertia. the weight has moved from the inner most point to an out point. harder to move.  I went up three inches, with you only going up 1" should be bad. Handleing will go up. but look into new shocks and springs first. if you ever plan on lowering it you need to make sure it won't rub

Very Well said.

As to the note about the alternator goes, don't forget, bigger rims produce lower rpms on the motor, which in returns makes the alternator spin slower, so a pulley swap is not a bad idea, pending on current draw.

Kev

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

what rim?

oh shoot forgot to put the link... anyway if i could get this in the right bolt pattern and 8.5 width i would buy it in a second

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/17-Impala-M...58254QQtcZphoto