Well heres the deal that i learned about wheel size. I added a few things to my car full intake and full exhaust. Dynoed.. added about 14hp at the wheels put on my lighter 17" (went from 14") and I lost HP then reason is because its harder for it to start and stay spinning. it has to do with inertia. the weight has moved from the inner most point to an out point. harder to move.  I went up three inches, with you only going up 1" should be bad. Handleing will go up. but look into new shocks and springs first. if you ever plan on lowering it you need to make sure it won't rub

Very Well said.

As to the note about the alternator goes, don't forget, bigger rims produce lower rpms on the motor, which in returns makes the alternator spin slower, so a pulley swap is not a bad idea, pending on current draw.

Kev

wouldnt a pully swap on the supercharger have no effect on the alt? i thought about a power pulley type thing but i would only do so if i got more then one alt anc actually when looking at the engine compartment i think i may be able to fit 3... looks tight but i think its possible

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

Here's the thing.  Your Charger gains power from the serpentine belt, which turns as a result of your engine.  So if your motor has less rpms (smaller overall gear ratio)  due to bigger tire rotation, that means your charger will/can produce less power at the same rpm as without the rims.  So typically you want to go down 1 size in your pully to make up for the lost rotations on both the charger and the alternator (especially if its a high current alt powering something.  That way you have the same power as before at the same rpms.  Unless in fact that you are trying to change your power band.  :^

Does that make sense?

Kev

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

ya i get all that... but if i were to change the pully on my charger and tighten the belt or get a smaller one to fit it wouldnt effect the alt would it?

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

Actually it would affect the alternator, cause the engine is turning the belt at a set speed (RPM).  So changing the pulley on the charger will just help gain back HP.  But the alternator will only spin as fast as the belt.  So the question is, at what desired RPM is your alternator giving out peak power?  You have to stay within that RPM range.

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

:^ i think ima do that because if i can tune it right i may be able to gain more power across the board (hp and amperage) and fortunatly powermaster told me the amps at 2k rpm (im asssuming engine) and 6k rpm