so i got a 2002 impala and recently my ac, and coolant fans werent coming on causing the car to overheat in stand still traffic. i did alot of research and came up with the bcm needed to be replaced, only after checking relays connections and other miscilanous stuff, so i had a new bcm put in and programmed by a chevy dealer, fixed the problem , everything seems great, started going down the road and my gauges start flipping out on me ,message center says, trunk open , door ajar, low coolant, lights in the car flash on and off, i have removed every single piece of audio equipment, installed a brand new battery, checked all grounds and power leads and still have these issues, so could some one pls help or offer a solution, and if so thanks...

i also talked to dealer and did more research, dealer says without changing every relay and sensor theres no way to pin point the problem, my cars in great shape but the blue book value is right at 2k, i just spent 4 bills on it, so im trying to avoid the dealership could end up spending more than the cars worth and still not get it fixed

2007 trailblazer lthead unit- pioneer p4300dvd

crescendo ft-1 supertweeters

pioneer m650 pros

audiocontrol 2xs crossover

Rockford fosgate p200-2 highsrockford fosgate p400-2 mids1- fi btl 18amps- saz 3500battery- evermax in front, 2 9a31 dekas in rearwires all knuconceptz 1/0 and rcas

• 4 weeks later...

Every time someone comes in and says "this car is acting so weird! gremlins!! WTF!" It is a bad ground connection somewhere. Pull up a wiring diagram for your model and year, find out where the gauges, cluster, whatever else is affected is grounded....and 99/100 times, all of the components that are affected have a common ground connection. I've seen problems like this come down to a loose bolt under the dash. Find that common ground, check the connection :)

**EDIT

I'm referring to FACTORY ground connections, probably a bolt to a support member under the dash, with a large amount of components grounded to it. Just clarifying.

Edited by AlexRhodes

• 2 months later...

check all the grounds ...also the BCM controls all those things actin up the pcm control's the fans my guess would be that when the installed the new computer they programed something wrong....also i looked on alldata and there is a bulletin about corrosion on the the conctoins and lose plugs ...bad thing is that is is located behind the left instrument panel.....good luck man message me if you need any help and i help u as much as i can

1995 Honda passport 3.2 4x4 Frankenstein on a budget

ballistics sound deader (roof only so far)

kenwood mp3 usb

audio control 3 (upgrading)

hifonics mx-3

3 sets of massive px5 5.25s

3 sets of massive tweets

phonix gold 5.25 componets

x2 massive nx4 nano 200x4 mids

sony xplod 600x4 watt high's

2 Fi bl fully loaded box walled @31ish hz

13.2 cube box/wall

massive DB8000

Excessive amaperge 250 amp alt wir extrnl regulator