Ive NEVER fused the run from alt to batt.. and ive never had an issue

X2, cars dont come with a fused alt to batt either

Yea they do? And I solder my connections and the fuse holder is the kind with the bolts you slip the ring terminals over then put a fuse.

--2004 Toyota 4runner

New Build Log

-2002 Acura Tl-S

Old Build Log

Team DC Audio

ttf.png

spl dust is an option you can get on the coils... it's great for extra 1000 watts of power

where can i get this spl dust and how much is it. is it hard to apply? lol

Copper clad aluminum gets hot, vs pure copper.......physically hotter, by probably double.

it does not get twice as hot but it can get hotter. but that doesnt matter. something has to be wrong to make this wire melt. if aluminum just melted and that was normal, NO ONE would use it. and i have a bunch of CCA in my car powering a 12k. the wire is not the problem. its a connection or its shorting out against something.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Copper clad aluminum gets hot, vs pure copper.......physically hotter, by probably double.

it does not get twice as hot but it can get hotter. but that doesnt matter. something has to be wrong to make this wire melt. if aluminum just melted and that was normal, NO ONE would use it. and i have a bunch of CCA in my car powering a 12k. the wire is not the problem. its a connection or its shorting out against something.

That and ive used the same kca on my acura last time with no issues for 2 years both vehicles have stock alts the runner I believe uses a 140 amp alt stock.

--2004 Toyota 4runner

New Build Log

-2002 Acura Tl-S

Old Build Log

Team DC Audio

ttf.png

spl dust is an option you can get on the coils... it's great for extra 1000 watts of power

Ive NEVER fused the run from alt to batt.. and ive never had an issue

X2, cars dont come with a fused alt to batt either

Yea they do? And I solder my connections and the fuse holder is the kind with the bolts you slip the ring terminals over then put a fuse.

do you solder with a torch? do you crimp at all first? where on the wire is it melting? you need to answer all the questions, not just one.

and again, pics of the fuse holder, terminals, and engine bay where the wire is ran will help a lot in solving this.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

I wont be able tp get pics up till late tonight I'm at work right now but I solder with a torch and the wire isn't melting the fuse block is right where the terminal from the alt wire gets there.

--2004 Toyota 4runner

New Build Log

-2002 Acura Tl-S

Old Build Log

Team DC Audio

ttf.png

I dont have mine fused and the only reason i dont is because the peice of paper only told me to add 0ga wire to my existing wire that was already there. No where on that peice of paper did it mention anything about fusing the Positive wire from alt to the battery positive. It only said to do the big 3 and that was it.

This is one thing that has botherd me for a long time because alot of people say you do and alot say you dont need to. Which is the correct answer?

If you had a alt that puts out over 300 amps if you had to fuse it, wouldnt you technically have 2 runs of 0ga wire with what ever size fusing is needed since a single run of 0ga typically can only take 300amps through it?

Edited by cubs_fan0718

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017