Second Skin Audio

What makes the biggest difference in sq

01 S-10

I currently have 2 Aq hdc3 15's and I'm debating weather to recone them with PSI soft parts or get another brand. My question is what is it about a woofer that determines the "sound quality" so to speak(not saying I want pure sq subs) Is it mostly the soft parts or is it something else? These subs are known as budget spl subs and I'm wondering if it's possible to get a "better" sound from them with different spiders, cone, coil, etc.

And please don't say just get a DC

TDH FTW !!!

it's a combination of things mostly the soft parts but copper in the motor and stuff like that will help

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

It is possible to make those in to sound quality subs. again its parts used, and the ability to play a wide bandwidth with out major peaks like in a high spl woofer that uses 6-12 spiders

Id ask for a shorter winding copper or copper clad coil, softer suspension

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

It is possible to make those in to sound quality subs. again its parts used, and the ability to play a wide bandwidth with out major peaks like in a high spl woofer that uses 6-12 spiders

Id ask for a shorter winding copper or copper clad coil, softer suspension

Thank you, kinda what I was thinking but wasn't sure. I don't want pure sq subs, just something that sounds "cleaner".

TDH FTW !!!

Bl distortion and inductance are the two biggest factors for sq, in my opinion. Low inductance LMS and XBL^2 subs are the sekz.

Huh? :ehh: Way over my head lol... In a language I can understand please

TDH FTW !!!

Archived