HR 2306: Federally end prohibition

Would you like to see this bill passed?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see this bill passed?

Oh jeez.

I'm gonna play my moderate self here and play both sides of the court.

First off, YES, weed is ADDICTING. Not the same way as nicotine or alcohol, where your body craves it, but because YOU crave how it feels. It has been proven to be psychologically addicting.

Yes, it can help ease glaucoma and nausea. I've never heard of it helping eating disorders though.

I can see legalization being a good thing monetarily for the government, if taxed and regulated, but you can't just look at money. There's so many other standpoints that one should consider when debating an action in government than how much cash this can make (although God knows if our politicians actually do.)

My last little blurb?

If pot doesn't cause lapses in judgement, doesn't cause any kind of delayed reaction times, etc. etc. why is marijuana use linked to industrial accidents, and why do some of us (me included) have to take drug tests at work to operate dangerous equipment? I can guarantee the companies aren't spending the money to have the tests done for no reason.

Too many projects, too little time...

@team_ht it does help soothe anxiety which is stress related that doesnt make you dependent. Same as a dr. Prescribing xanax or zoloft are you against other medical drugs and prescriptions? Should we illegalize pharmacies across the nation for selling

"drugs"?

What you're failing to realize is those drubs are LEGAL. They're legal for a reason and pot is illegal for a reason.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

Oh jeez.

I'm gonna play my moderate self here and play both sides of the court.

First off, YES, weed is ADDICTING. Not the same way as nicotine or alcohol, where your body craves it, but because YOU crave how it feels. It has been proven to be psychologically addicting.

Yes, it can help ease glaucoma and nausea. I've never heard of it helping eating disorders though.

I can see legalization being a good thing monetarily for the government, if taxed and regulated, but you can't just look at money. There's so many other standpoints that one should consider when debating an action in government than how much cash this can make (although God knows if our politicians actually do.)

My last little blurb?

If pot doesn't cause lapses in judgement, doesn't cause any kind of delayed reaction times, etc. etc. why is marijuana use linked to industrial accidents, and why do some of us (me included) have to take drug tests at work to operate dangerous equipment? I can guarantee the companies aren't spending the money to have the tests done for no reason.

Any company seeking gov't contracts(govmnt controlled as is the drug as of now) is required to be a "drug free workplace" which means you agree to pre-employment drug tests, as well as random ones . Most places, it seems, require drug testing. I think with privately owned companies it's at their discretion but probably for insurance purposes would do a pre-employment screening. Its a safe guard if someone tries to claim workplace injury.

Everythings in the attic or garage since the truck was sold last year. New build should be coming soon in a dodge cummins smile.gif

@team_ht it does help soothe anxiety which is stress related that doesnt make you dependent. Same as a dr. Prescribing xanax or zoloft are you against other medical drugs and prescriptions? Should we illegalize pharmacies across the nation for selling

"drugs"?

What you're failing to realize is those drubs are LEGAL. They're legal for a reason and pot is illegal for a reason.

Which is why we are all having this debate now, theres is no real reason regarding the legality of this "drug" compared to "other drugs" it is an earth self growing plant. Its not a chemical mixed up in a tweakers lab or a pill being created by a huge pharmecutical company it just grows that way. Why should it be illegal compared to any other drug out there? It has side affects yes same as anything legal. If someone drives a car while 6 xanax deep is just as wrong as driving after toking out of a bong. Whats the real difference for argument?

Everythings in the attic or garage since the truck was sold last year. New build should be coming soon in a dodge cummins smile.gif

^^^

Lol so you go smoke a blunt on lunch break, come back and drop a load off your fork lift on someones face cause your reaction time was so slowed you couldn't stop. Then what? Cause he wasn't paying attention?

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

With legalization would come regulation, just like alcohol it would be illegal to be under the influence behind the wheel.

1 up you here because it already is illegal to

Smoke pot and drive.

:orly3:.... operating a vehicle under the influence of anything is illegal now, has been, and always will be illegal...

It's easier for a 15 year old kid to buy marijuana than it is for them to get alcohol. Why? Regulation. I'm not saying there aren't 15 year olds out there drinking, but what im saying is if a 15 year old is getting their hands on a good amount of alcohol i'd be willing to bet that 90% of the time there are much more important issues to be worried about in that childs life which could be causing them to turn to alcohol... bad parenting (parents buying the boose), letting their kids hang out with the wrong crowd, past emotional stresses, bullying, etc.

If you'd rather your kid go down to the local crackhouse and buy weed successfully than to go to the local pharmacy/gas station (whichevery it may be) and be denied because of their id then I guess thats up to you. I would atleast like it to be more of a hassle for my child to get their hands on.

Put it in the hands of someone responsible rather than hands of a street pharmacist....tax it and reap benefits. Instead we turn a cold shoulder and act like its going to regulate itself. Stuff it into a schedule 1 drug folder right next to crack and meth, and then put a US patent on a cannabinoid for the treatment of cancer and reducing tumor size. Schedule 1 states " The drug or other substance has no currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States."

Just some food for thought.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

^^^

Lol so you go smoke a blunt on lunch break, come back and drop a load off your fork lift on someones face cause your section time was so slowed you couldn't stop. Then what? Cause he wasn't paying attention?

:lol: :lol: :rofl:

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Yes, tax and reap...off of our own people. I'm sure many of the native Americans felt the same way as they traded possessions and valuables for strong drinks. We should just legalize something dangerous so we could whore our own People out for money. Might as well right? Let's also legalize cocaine, heroine, and the like so we can regulate it and of course, reap off of the product.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

^^^

Lol so you go smoke a blunt on lunch break, come back and drop a load off your fork lift on someones face cause your reaction time was so slowed you couldn't stop. Then what? Cause he wasn't paying attention?

Now its just silly, i dont recomend drinking a bottle of whiskey on your lunch break just as much as i dont recomend getting high. Yes there are idiots who do things at inappropriate times and that cannot be controlled. Its the same as someone saying you could kill someone smoking weed and then driving, yes you can but its just like drinking and driving youre not supposed to but it does occur

Yes, tax and reap...off of our own people. I'm sure many of the native Americans felt the same way as they traded possessions and valuables for strong drinks. We should just legalize something dangerous so we could whore our own People out for money. Might as well right? Let's also legalize cocaine, heroine, and the like so we can regulate it and of course, reap off of the product.

After the alcohol prohibition alcohol prices went down, taxes went up and it was probably still cheaper than before the prohibition ended. more money went to our government and the people who wanted to get smashed and ruin their lives did it during the prohibition, and after the prohibition. If cocaine heroine and meth were legal tomorrow you or i would not be doing them, the people who chose to do these would be out the same amount of money as if the drugs were illegal but this time half of it goes to taxes. Who knows, you may get a stimulus check for more than a few pennies if something like that would happen.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Archived