Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

SO I finally saved enuf money to build a computer to replace my old POS. Its not finished yet but this is everything I needed to get it up and running so Im curious what you all think so far.

cpu: Intel i5-2500k with stock cooler/fan (will overclock to at least 4Ghz when I upgrade my fan)

motherboard: Gigabyte z68x-ud3h

ram: G.Skill Ripjaws 1600Mhz DDR3 (2 x 4 gig)

psu: Ultra X3 1000w

case: Cooler Master Storm Sniper (no pics of my personal comp)

OS: Win7 Ultimate X64

HDD: 3.16tb HDD space (Will get a Sata3 SSD eventually for programs and OS)

On board graphics for now, will eventually get a gpu, possibly two.

1993 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham.

Jensen UV10 DVD HU

Two 12" Sony Xplode (temporary)

Posted

Well it blows my pos away, should be a fine machine when your done. I've used Ultra. Though not my first choice ,that one got great reviews.

  • pa-pa-platypus

  • sorry not everybody has a companies nuts so far down their throat they catch every drop ball sweat when it falls

Posted

It's alright for a first build. The PSU is INCREDIBLY overboard, especially without a GPU and a proper cooling method. Some of the brands I prefer to stay away from personally. I prefer Corsair for my power needs and OCZ or Corsair for memory. It's certainly a start.

Make sure you know what you're doing before you attempt an overclock.

2009 Honda Accord EX-L

System in the works:

Pioneer AVH-3200DVD (check)

Hertz Mille MLK165 (check)

SAX-125.2 (check)

AA Havoc 12" Ported (check)

SAZ-1500D (check)

1/0awg Knu Kolossus Flex (check)

XS Power D3400 (check)

Stock 120amp Alternator

SS Damplifier Pro (check)

Posted

Better to take a PSU from a respectable brand.(and if you don't game you don't need the overclock, the difference is negligble)

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Posted

I am going to be gaming so OCing will be something Ill eventually do. And I think I found the GPU I want as well, has some really high reviews by dozens of different people on 6 sites, Im thinking Im getting a GTX 460 for now, eventually go with two.

1993 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham.

Jensen UV10 DVD HU

Two 12" Sony Xplode (temporary)

Posted

The GTX460 is a very so-so card and going with two of them would just be silly. It's much easier and almost always more efficient to run a single card. Personally, I'd go with a Radeon 6970 and be done with it. If you for some reason want to stick with nvidia then go with the comparable GTX570. I largely prefer ATI cards.

2009 Honda Accord EX-L

System in the works:

Pioneer AVH-3200DVD (check)

Hertz Mille MLK165 (check)

SAX-125.2 (check)

AA Havoc 12" Ported (check)

SAZ-1500D (check)

1/0awg Knu Kolossus Flex (check)

XS Power D3400 (check)

Stock 120amp Alternator

SS Damplifier Pro (check)

Posted

The GTX460 is a very so-so card and going with two of them would just be silly. It's much easier and almost always more efficient to run a single card. Personally, I'd go with a Radeon 6970 and be done with it. If you for some reason want to stick with nvidia then go with the comparable GTX570. I largely prefer ATI cards.

Only problem with both those suggestions is I wanted to buy the card this payday so I could start playing my games and I cant afford a $320+ card atm and the 460 appears to be more than required for my games. If you have another suggestion, nVidia or ATI (really dont care), for $180 or lower please feel free to suggest them. Highly prefer around $150 tho

1993 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham.

Jensen UV10 DVD HU

Two 12" Sony Xplode (temporary)

Posted

Well I certainly like the price. The numbers are higher on everything but since Idk anything about GPUs all I can do is assume that means its better in all ways, am I right?

Specs on both

1993 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham.

Jensen UV10 DVD HU

Two 12" Sony Xplode (temporary)

Posted

I really think you should save up for the 6970. They're definitely doing to drop in price around October, which is before all the latest and greatest stuff comes out anyway. Then again, I'm always one for saving up and getting the next model up :P

A 6870 or 6850 would be decent choices. I much prefer them over the nvidia cards.

2009 Honda Accord EX-L

System in the works:

Pioneer AVH-3200DVD (check)

Hertz Mille MLK165 (check)

SAX-125.2 (check)

AA Havoc 12" Ported (check)

SAZ-1500D (check)

1/0awg Knu Kolossus Flex (check)

XS Power D3400 (check)

Stock 120amp Alternator

SS Damplifier Pro (check)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6230 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...