Sonic Electronix

I had the same problem with my Wife's '02 Escape before I had put the 5 volt regulator on the remote turn on. If it worked fine for a while and quit, I would consider replacing the regulator and making sure the wires are hooked up correctly. I'm going to guess you're probably using an LM7805? They can be found at radioshack pretty cheap, but keep in mind the metal back of the regulator as well as the center pin are both ground.

LM7805 Data Sheet

Thanks for the help, but the regulator is not causing this type of pop. But I do know what you meant, that's why I put the regulator to take off the turn on pop. But The noise I'm getting now is like if I put all the bass and volume up to my speakers causeing the loud pop.

Can anyone help me. I'm having trouble with my stereo. I keep getting popping noises from my front and rear speakers. And the only way to make it stop is by turning off the stereo. What could it be. I have a 2000 mustang gt with the factory 460 sound system with a after maker JVC stereo.

i have a 96 mustang gt with the mach 460. i installed several stereos in there already and i use the same schosche premium system integration module on all and never had any problems. i've had it installed for about 10 years and it still works, eventually my mach bass amps burned out from age and now am just running the front mach 460 3' mids off the stock highs amp mounted behind the dash, but everything else is aftermarket .How did you wire your stereo into your system? If you're not using a factory integration module get one,you can get them at walmart for like 10 -15 bucks and everything is standard colored which makes it easy to wire, this might solve your problem. i dont think you need that 5 volt regulator, its a 12 volt signal.

1996 mustang gt

• cobra bumper
  • cowl hood
  • c-spring lowered
  • msd ignition, frpp wires , ngks
  • 2 chamber flowbasterds

Sound system

• Pioneer headunit
  • clarion eqs746
  • polk audio mm571's 5x7's
  • polk audio mm691 6x9's
  • planet auido bb150.4 for highs mids
  • stock mach 460 mids and walmart silk dome tweets
  • planet audio bb2400.1
  • 2x 1242 d4 alpine type r's
  • 3.5 cu enclosure tuned to 32 hz
  • all knu concepts & tsunami 1/0 ofc amp runs and monster powerflex big three ofc runs.
  • 2xkinetik khc600 batts in parallel.

Can anyone help me. I'm having trouble with my stereo. I keep getting popping noises from my front and rear speakers. And the only way to make it stop is by turning off the stereo. What could it be. I have a 2000 mustang gt with the factory 460 sound system with a after maker JVC stereo.

i have a 96 mustang gt with the mach 460. i installed several stereos in there already and i use the same schosche premium system integration module on all and never had any problems. i've had it installed for about 10 years and it still works, eventually my mach bass amps burned out from age and now am just running the front mach 460 3' mids off the stock highs amp mounted behind the dash, but everything else is aftermarket .How did you wire your stereo into your system? If you're not using a factory integration module get one,you can get them at walmart for like 10 -15 bucks and everything is standard colored which makes it easy to wire, this might solve your problem. i dont think you need that 5 volt regulator, its a 12 volt signal.

oh and that schoche integration piece routes your remote turn on from your stereo through the schoche box to the factory system remote turn on wire.

1996 mustang gt

• cobra bumper
  • cowl hood
  • c-spring lowered
  • msd ignition, frpp wires , ngks
  • 2 chamber flowbasterds

Sound system

• Pioneer headunit
  • clarion eqs746
  • polk audio mm571's 5x7's
  • polk audio mm691 6x9's
  • planet auido bb150.4 for highs mids
  • stock mach 460 mids and walmart silk dome tweets
  • planet audio bb2400.1
  • 2x 1242 d4 alpine type r's
  • 3.5 cu enclosure tuned to 32 hz
  • all knu concepts & tsunami 1/0 ofc amp runs and monster powerflex big three ofc runs.
  • 2xkinetik khc600 batts in parallel.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived