Second Skin Audio

steel frame wall

Could do it the other way, with the bolt head in the box, and the nuts/lockwashers and whatnot on the outside, sink bolt heads into wood. You could countersink the bolt heads and washers into the wood easier than the nuts and leftover thread.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

Could do it the other way, with the bolt head in the box, and the nuts/lockwashers and whatnot on the outside, sink bolt heads into wood. You could countersink the bolt heads and washers into the wood easier than the nuts and leftover thread.

for the side walls i would be doing it like that bolt head inside the box and nut outside where i can get to them from outside

for the top/bottoms i'm thinking having the bolts going from the top and countersinking nuts from bottom side under the wood

i really wont have to use to many bolts to secure the wood

if i were to use only 9 bolts 3 rows of 3 i should be able to keep the wood up to allow glue to dry

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

Yeah, that's true, I forgot about the top and bottoms. Then again you could weld nuts on the frames top and bottom and still do the bolts from the inside, just have to put the lock washers on the inside of the box too.

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd

Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Yeah, that's true, I forgot about the top and bottoms. Then again you could weld nuts on the frames top and bottom and still do the bolts from the inside, just have to put the lock washers on the inside of the box too.

yeah welded nuts to the frame and some bolts going into that would work well too

i dont like lock washers as when you put some heat to them the rubber melts and there ruined

i learned about flexlock nuts which are same as lock nuts but without rubber i believe they have a tapered end which keeps tension on bolt

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

This is what I mean when I say lock washer:

5883.JPG

Edited by Autruche

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd

Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

oh i thought you said lock nut not lock washer my bad

and if boilermaker you see this i'm hoping you chime in with how you did your wall

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

current build

At least for the first layer, then use screws and glue for the layers after that.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

I would use carriage bolts and lock washers.

fuck didnt even think of carriage bolts on the side walls would work great but not so much for top and bottom/ back it would be a bitch to do

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

current build

Use carriage bolts for sides, and hex head nuts on the tops and bottoms. Regardless, steel isn't cheap, might as well get a good bolt setup going ya know?

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg