Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

I was just wanting to get some info on inverting.

What actually does it do? Lower the tuning?

i dont think it has anything to do with tuning, but i think inverting it gives more cubic feet inside the box if space is limited, which i guess it could have something to do with tuning.

My youtube channel, please subscribe
http://www.youtube.com/ballinblaza

I was just wanting to get some info on inverting.

What actually does it do? Lower the tuning?

i dont think it has anything to do with tuning, but i think inverting it gives more cubic feet inside the box if space is limited, which i guess it could have something to do with tuning.

it can adjust the tuning. the same way putting more port inside a box can change the tuning. most people from my experience use inverting in 4thorder designs to help with cooling and space.

but overall it doesnt change the actual output, but it can alter the wave a little since it is having to go around the motor...etc. but its minute

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

Cause i cant hit some lows cause its tuned a little high and thats kinda why i asked

your using a ported box?

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

All of the info in that thread explains a shitload if you read it all.

When you invert a sub you are adding the amount of airspace of the subs displacement to the box, which will lower the tuning slightly. However, you may gain or lose loudness in doing so. If your box was a slight bit too small it could gain on the TL, if it was the right size it could lose a little on the TL. Almost every time, when metering, people find out they meter higher with the sub regular because there is a big ass basket and motor in the way of the forward sound waves when you invert the sub.

Edited by Autruche

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want