Sundown Audio

Amp mount idea

Bouoy

I was sitting in my truck the other day trying to lay everything out. I came up with a idea to try and flush mount the amps in the backs of the front seats under plexi. I wondering if this has been done before or not due to the overheating. I figure I will have to run a cooling system in a box with some vents and a pc fan or two. I figure 2 fans one as a input and the other for output. The amps are PPI ones. This truck will be used as a shop demo truck so I'm going all out with the details for it. Any comments would be welcomed. the truck is a 2011 Toyota Tundra

Thanks B

Does anyone know where I can Find the plugs for a DCX 1000x1 and the dcx 300x4 the speaker quick jacks i guess they are called. I was also thinking that I could run a line from my main A/c in the truck to help cool then down something like maybe 1/8 or 1/4 flex line. I think my only thought would be it might get a lot of moisture.Does this sound right to anyone?

Not a good idea really, there won't be enough foam left to make the seats comfy anymore for any type of long driving. If it is mainly for show and no go then by all means go for it but if it is a daily driver than i would rethink in putting them someplace else.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

deff should look good when done and done correctly, i believe you need to use a bit of glass to make it look good though

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.

Let's say the seat is 4" thick and the amp is 2.5" thick you only have 1.5" to play with and with a 1/4" of plexi and then another 1/4" of plywood to mount it on your now down to 1" with no room for the amp to get any kind of airflow over it. Now if you do something where it semi sticks out while maintaining some room in the seat and allow airflow it's a viable option to try out. For install such as that i would use a d-class amp over an A/B one for possible heat issues with the A/B class and they may even be a bit thinner than a class A/B designed one.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

thanks for the information and the Tips I would like them flush in the rear seat but hey I'll do what ever works best and looks cool second I took a picture of the back of the seats so you can see the only bulk of the foam is at the top. seats

I Will do a mock up of the box and the mounting with some luma board i have left or so i can get a better view of it.

• 3 months later...

i put my mids and hi's amps behind my back seats all the time never have had any issues i even USED to mount my sub amps to the rear seats in my grand am and have not had a issue yet...i do put thick rubber spacers under the amps to get the vibratoin down some and to help them keep cooler

1995 Honda passport 3.2 4x4 Frankenstein on a budget

ballistics sound deader (roof only so far)

kenwood mp3 usb

audio control 3 (upgrading)

hifonics mx-3

3 sets of massive px5 5.25s

3 sets of massive tweets

phonix gold 5.25 componets

x2 massive nx4 nano 200x4 mids

sony xplod 600x4 watt high's

2 Fi bl fully loaded box walled @31ish hz

13.2 cube box/wall

massive DB8000

Excessive amaperge 250 amp alt wir extrnl regulator