Sundown Audio

Switchin amps need help(stock alt and battery is what it will be running off

So i have a 900 watt amp and just went to a comp busted a 134 off one 10". lookin to get a 1600 watt from cadence they seem to be the same except power wise. Will everything still run fine just like with the 900 watt amp

2008 Dodge Avenger SE

Pioneer 4300-UB Headunit

DC 1.2K

10"DC Lvl 3 with Lvl 4 coil...

15" DC Lvl 4

JVC Arsenal 3-way Component set

I'd upgrade stock battery and do the Big 3 in 0gauge. What subwoofer will the amp be put on?

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

well i can do the o gauge big 3 b4 the battery cuz in these new dodges there kinda hard to get to plus money for a new battery and everything. But all i wanna know is will it hurt the car much more than the 900 watt amp did? and its going on not the grreatest sub but its alright a alpine type r dual 4 ohm

2008 Dodge Avenger SE

Pioneer 4300-UB Headunit

DC 1.2K

15" DC Lvl 4

Which amp will be powering the subwoofer? You mention the Cadence, but haven't linked to anything and its possible the amplifier is discontinued.

Also, I'm assuming you'll be running the subwoofer at 2ohm instead of 8ohm, so your electrical should be fine, just upgrade the big 3 man. It's cheap and effective :)

how much is the wire and everything? i have to more or less relook how to do the big 3 and but it should be fine in the mean time till i get the big 3 right? and ya of course 2 ohms and heres the link to the amp hope it aint discontinued. http://www.audiosavings.com/products/Mono-Car-Amplifier/CADENCE-F700-1-1600-WATT-CLASS-AB-MONO-BLOCK-AMPLIFIER/F700-1.aspx

2008 Dodge Avenger SE

Pioneer 4300-UB Headunit

DC 1.2K

15" DC Lvl 4

That amp only does 800w to one channel at 2ohm mate...

And you'll need 7-10ft of 0awg wire and some ring terminals. It will cost you around $30 for the materials, and you can easily do it yourself.

and ya but its 800 rms and the subs a 1800 watt sub so that gives it 200 watts to breathe cuz i abuse the sub and i dont wanna blow it right yet.. and ya that big 3 will be done once i find all the materials

2008 Dodge Avenger SE

Pioneer 4300-UB Headunit

DC 1.2K

15" DC Lvl 4

Hey whats up man I saw it only pushed 800w at 2ohms on 1 channel just like Supercharged did. Once I saw that I thought about the Hifonics Brutus Elite 1600w amp. It has 1200w @ 2ohms on 1 channel. A lil bit of a step up I think. It's also stable down to 1ohm. I'll post the link below. Just a thought. I'm also getting everything together for the "Big 3" upgrade. Also that Alt should be fine for the time being. Good luck with everything

Hifonics Brutus Elite

1600w rms Hifonics Amp

Edited by 252chevyboyz

- 1997 Chevy Tahoe- Big 3 (1/0)- Dual Autocraft Batts- JVC KD-A315 HU- AQ 2200.1D- 18" AQ HDC3- Box w/ Removable Port (6ft^3 @ 36hz & 6.7ft^3 @ 42hz)- 39' 1/0 & 13' 2/0 Flex-A-Prene

My Selling Feedback

Build Log