Supercharged DCs Posted July 11, 2011 Report Posted July 11, 2011 I was going to mention that, my 6" aeros are huge, I couldn't imagine 6 8" aeros lol! Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.
Louisiana Bass Posted July 11, 2011 Report Posted July 11, 2011 6 8"s seems like just a wee bit too much port area also mate. But box looks nice! N8. No homo...unless you want there to be.
fox_racin4 Posted July 11, 2011 Report Posted July 11, 2011 When i ran a single 18, i tryed 3 6" sono tubes and a single 10" tube, the 10" was louder, if you can fit 4 10" sono tubes that would work as well, i was running the UFO style btls as well, if your giving each one 3k, id keep the box around 3cubes per sub IMO i know they are differnt too tho.. 1998 gmc extd cab 12 crossfire C710s 4 SAZ-4500s 3 Singer 400A altsbuncha mids/highs Team Asshole
shadstrong Posted July 11, 2011 Author Report Posted July 11, 2011 Everything I read was you need 12 to 16 inches per cube for a rectangle or square port or 9 to 12 for round ports, even areos, so I was told by one of the guys PSP. I'll have 25.36 cubes at 32 hz giving me 11.9 square inches or switch ports and have 29.67 cubes at 55 hz with 10.23 square inches.
Louisiana Bass Posted July 11, 2011 Report Posted July 11, 2011 Oh, alright. Didn't think into it, just seemed like 6 Eighters was alot. Umm, maybe a few custom 10"s? N8. No homo...unless you want there to be.
fox_racin4 Posted July 11, 2011 Report Posted July 11, 2011 Sono tubes work wonders... MUCH cheaper then the psp ports and just as good, can even make flares for them if you want flares 1998 gmc extd cab 12 crossfire C710s 4 SAZ-4500s 3 Singer 400A altsbuncha mids/highs Team Asshole
Blackedout Posted July 11, 2011 Report Posted July 11, 2011 I'd give the current setup a try at 12 sq inches of port per cube. You might get a little port noise, but make a removable port and try a couple setups until you're satisfied. Steve doesn't have 15 sq inches of port per cube in the tahoe. Never know till you try. Box is something like 18-20 cubes with very little port area. He gets cone control out of it though. Trunk Build Log
shadstrong Posted July 11, 2011 Author Report Posted July 11, 2011 I'd give the current setup a try at 12 sq inches of port per cube. You might get a little port noise, but make a removable port and try a couple setups until you're satisfied. Steve doesn't have 15 sq inches of port per cube in the tahoe. Never know till you try. Box is something like 18-20 cubes with very little port area. He gets cone control out of it though. With Steve port in the back you wouldn't the port noise like I will with mine in the front. I wanted to do a similar design to Steve's at first, but my box had to be like 30" deep so I figured I'd just add another 6 to 8 inches and make it a wall.
Red-navi-916 Posted July 11, 2011 Report Posted July 11, 2011 This sound like a bad idea you should have planned and drew it out twice on what you wanted all I'm reading is someone confused as in what the hell OS this going to come out to be. Hopefully you figure it out man, good luck shell its self looks good though BUILDLOG http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862 "98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!! Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.
SVB847 Posted July 11, 2011 Report Posted July 11, 2011 Its too bad you were not able to make it just a little bit wider. My box/wall face is 49x39 with a 10x30 port in the middle and it just barely fit, also running 4-18's. 2000 Chevy SuburbanPioneer AVHP8400BH8 - 18" Fi SP4 Subwoofers (fully loaded) B Pillar 4th Order (75 cubes)2 - Ampere Audio 8.0 TFE AmpsRF T6004 AmpRF T4002 Amp4 - Selenium 8W4P Mids8 - Selenium 6W4P Mids6 - Crescendo XST2 Supertweeters2 - Selenium ST200 SupertweetersDC Power 320 Alt & Js Ultimate 27011 - Group 31 BatsBuild Log:http://www.stevemead...01bdcp-updated/Team GG
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.