06 Civic Build - New Build List on page 60

Whoa! didnt have enough time to read the entire build, but just skimming through I must say holy attention to detail! keep it up and I like your way of thinking modding the bezel! :woot:

And with the tunnel between the back seats I also say you need to go ported if you want it loud and clear. Sealed will generally have a tighter sounding bass, but nothing that cant be fine tuned to sound good ported as well, and louder. But a little attention to design of a ported bpx can sound clean and you dont need all the space in the world. Alot of people on here build systems to be as loud as possible, and thats why there systems are so big. Yours can be just a few cubes, all the way into the rear of the trunk so you have room in the trunk for your daughters needs,family stuff and your stuff, and even make a clean amp rack out of the way if you choose to.

Gary 'Numatik' Eberle

West Sacramento, California

Vehicle build log (1) 'Aayla' Numatik's one and only, bodydropped pasted the doors Chevy S-20 Ext-Ext cab. This project ended after a horrible horrible motorcycle accident. There are so many mods it would fill an entire page in my sig. Check it out if you have A LOT of time to kill. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/39785-numatiks-doored-s-20-bodydropped-on-doors-ext-ext-cab-10-subs-full-frame-build/?hl=%20numatik#39;s

Vehicle build log (2) 'Snow White' Daily/showstopper 2004 Chevy Silverado

Lays on 22s soon for 26s to run a beefy tire on 4s (4) 5gal tanks, (3)AZOB2 pumps, Slam digital stealth two speed valves with 16 solenoids, Slam SS bags all around, ART upper and lower arms, KP Components 6-link, KP Components watts link, Panther juice 6 22s, Spikes EVERYWHERE. 3,600WRMS total, (5) Kicker amps, (2) L7 15s under raised back seats, 15" screen molded to dash, 36 speakers total all Mb Quartz and Fosgate. Fiberglass console with removable face plates and arm rests, flushed speakers, lots of toggle switches, Playstation 2, rear view camera, Suede and leather seats, suede headliner, Dakota Digital air gauges, voltage gauges, and current draw gauges. (2) XS Power 4800 batteries, Whole truck is flat black and white and the

ENTIRE truck is fully pin striped by TJ Pagano here in Sacramento.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/123328-numatiks-bagged-2004-silverado/

smdsig1.png

"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I am proof" - Numatik

Thanks man! Ya I'm major about the details. I'd not mind a ported/vented enclosure. I just have to figure out how to go about it. I think the site for these Hertz Subs call for a .77 cu ft enclosure per sub for a dimensional box with a 2.60" x 8.27" port tuned to 44hz or a 1.19 cu ft enclosure per sub with a 3.23" x 8.66" port tuned to 40hz. Not sure if this is including displacement or not, but i'm going to say not. It is not including displacement which is .07 cu ft per sub. So I think if I go by standards, which is about what I'm hearing around for standards. If I do a 1.5 cu ft enclosure times 16" per cu ft, that would be 24 cu inches of port area correct? Divide that by, just guessing the size, a 14" height. 24 divide by 14 = 1.71" wide port. So my port would be 14" x 1 5/8" and then to tune around 40 hz I'd make it around 18 inches long. So double that for two subs, I get a 3 1/4" wide x 14" high x 18" long port (or do I double the length as well).

Anyway, i wouldn't mind a ported enclosure in there. Just have to figure out how to make it work the best. Maybe we can go over that sometime.

Moving onto something else. A little update for everyone! Just had a minor set back tonight. Not really a set back, more like an added thing to the list. My front brakes started hollering at me tonight. So I'll order up some pads tomorrow and get those in. May not be till after I get back from vacation.

My last major vacation of the year. I'm headed to Salmon Idaho to float down the Salmon River for 5 days of nothing but catering and pampering! I can't wait. Then when I get back I'm off for a week to watch my girls, since their grammy is going on vacation. But that week I've got stuff I HAVE to get done on my truck. Brake jobs, head unit install, door speaker install, shock replacement and some other things. I'll throw the front pad replacement for the Civic in there as well since that's my daily. Mucho more important than the truck stuff.

But I'll be doing other things on the Civic as well. Get the dash bezel finished and ready for covering, get the scan gauge pod done, and hopefully get the headlights finished as well and installed. Gonna be a busy busy busy week!

That's all for now. Goodnight!

Wow dude everything looks great! perfect attention to detail.

I really like how those civics look too and yours is bad ass. Good luck with everything. cant wait to see the end

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

Ok so I did some stuff last night and it blew up in my face. As I said the other day I had to change out my brake pads up front. They started grinding the other day, and although I didn't see any ware on the rotors I decided that knowing they were low anyway, and the fact that it's my daily driver and my girls are in it with me daily, I didn't want to take a chance. So I bought some pads.

Then the modder in me, said the infamous words of "well while I'm in there I'll just" do the following:

* change the brake pads up front (rears are over 70% still)

* install the speed bleeders I bought last year

* repaint the calipers Galaxy Grey Metallic

* flush the brake fluid system

* lower it a little more.

Well I started off by draining the system. I jacked it up, removed all the wheels and pumped the brake pedal till it was as stiff as a teenager at a swim park!

DSC03710.jpg

Went under the hood, opened up the lid to the reservoir, pulled the screen, and got out the suction syringe.

DSC03711.jpg

DSC03712.jpg

DSC03713.jpg

DSC03714.jpg

Sucked out all the fluid in there and bottled it up. Nope that's not diet coke folks! LMAO! My 6 year old comes out while I'm working, she loves soda when she's allowed to have some. Daddy, can I have some of your diet coke? Me: Umm, that's not diet coke honey! Laughing. Funny, yet realistic moment. Put your stuff away folks if you have kids around. So I did. Moving on from there.

DSC03715.jpg

DSC03716.jpg

DSC03717.jpg

I didn't do that on the car by the way. Just was up there to take pictures. I did that on the floor. This stuff will ruin your paint, FYI, so try not to get it on anything painted.

Empty!

DSC03718.jpg

Now it was time to remove the old bleeders and install the new speed bleeders. This is not such a great picture, but you'll see the bleeder when you get in there. Mines painted black so that's why it's so hard to see.

DSC03719.jpg

You'll need a 10mm wrench to remove this.

DSC03720.jpg

You can see here it's out. The gold dot, again sorry for bad pics. You're going to have some fluid from the hose come out. Inevitable, so make sure you have something under there to catch it so you dont have a mess on the floor.

DSC03721.jpg

So here's where things blew up in my face and just got sideways!

Here's the speed bleeders.

DSC03722.jpg

See anything wrong here?!?

DSC03723.jpg

Looks like it's in right?

DSC03724.jpg

Got the torque wrench out and set it to 7ft lbs per the instructions.

DSC03725.jpg

Well after that pic I was all F-ED up. Here's what happened. I read the DIY on here (8th Civic for everyone else) and it says use 4 - SB10125 Speed Bleeders. That code translates into M10x1.25 threads. Welll after I torqued it and it wasn't tightening, I figured out, that I stripped the hole. I WAS PISSED! But, it was to noone's fault but my own. I should have paid more attention, did more research, emailed them, whatever to get these. The DX, EX, and LX civics use an M10x1.0 speed bleeder up front and the others in the back.

So now I had to run down to O'Reilly's Auto Parts and get a new caliper ($40.00 so not bad) and start this project over. So I did that. Got the rear Speed Bleeders in not a problem. I found, in the box i kept these in since I bought them over a year ago, an SB1010 Speed Bleeder which is the one the site says I need up front. Got that one put in the passenger side, but didn't have a second one for the driver side. So I have 3 S.B's and one OEM. After getting that one in and tightened down, I noticed it was leaking out of the top where the fluid would come out to bleed it. I was like WTF!!

So I took it out and compared it to the OEM one. See below!

DSC03728.jpg

Threads are right, it fit perfectly. But it's about an 1/8" short. So it's not going far enough in (insert dirty joke here guys) to shut off. So I took that one out, and the oem went in there as well.

So after all that, I finally got the pads installed up front, and painted all the calipers. I called a buddy of mine, cause I've never really bled brakes and I wanted to learn, OBVIOUSLY. So while he was coming over I did some other things.

Here's the calipers:

Before

DSC03709.jpg

After color match paint (not the greatest picture and yes I know my wheels are dirty. MY WHOLE CAR IS FILTHY!)

DSC03729.jpg

So there you go. I got my brake pads changed, 2 of 4 bleeders in, calipers painted, and even adjusted the coilovers. Today I did email Speed Bleeders and let them know what was going on with the fronts. I'm waiting to hear back from them. When I do I'll update that.

So the coilovers. I adjusted stuff and I think that while I've improved the ride quality, I've mistakenly raised the car when I wanted to lower it. So I'll have to go back in sometime and adjust that again.

So there it is. My car is safe again, and I feel better, even though it took so damn long to do it.

I picked up a few toys yesterday, well ordered anyway, and got some other things to help finish the the dash bezel as well as the headlight lenses.

Most likely won't have anything else to show or update until I get back. I leave monday for the river trip, and this weekend I'm spending in San Francisco for a Giants game and a weekend on the town for my birthday.

Thanks for tuning in!

Anyone have any opinions one way or another? Trying to decide between:

All black shroud and housing

DSC03732.jpg

Or,

Galaxy Grey Metallic Shroud and Housing (what's left black)

DSC03736.jpg

Or,

Galaxy Grey Metallic Shroud and Black housing (the way it's pictured above)

Or

Black Shroud and Galaxy Grey Metallic Housing

What does everyone think?

are all your lights going to have projectors? or just your low beam?

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

Archived