06 Civic Build - New Build List on page 60

Ok i think ive got it fifured out guys! How to get the two tone look on the A Pillars. There was an article i remember reading a while ago about doing layers for pieces. So you would have a base layer, then want another layer and would have to fill in etc. I'll see if i can find it and post it.

Also i have to decide if i wanna go orange around the rings or if I wanna do black. I'm gonna switch from black suede to a charcoal suede tk match the interior. So black may look a little better.

More work going on today. Although i'm probably not going to get my whole list of things done this week. Still lots to go and not much time left.

I am testing the enclosure today however. Probably around 10:30 am pst. Ill keep you all posted!

I'm not sure. I may leave it now. I just tested it and I'm psyched. It's got so much output it's crazy, for me at least. I was NOT expecting what we got! I also found some other things out as well. Here's a quick video. I couldn't stand to hold onto it till later.

th_MOV05190.jpg

So couple of things. First, I NEED MORE SOUND DEADENER! I have to do the roof also which is on the list. The second thing I found out is that the back seat component wall rattles like a mo fo! The door rattles, and I think that's it but it's a lot. I also have trunk rattle issues. So what I may do, is leave the box where it is. The pass through seems pretty worthless now, cause I only use about an inch of it. I may build a drawer rack on the other side of the enclosure, where a second enclosure should go, and make that my component area. Kind of like the amp rack I designed a while ago. I'll have to think about that.

But that's where I'm at now. That video is from a stock head unit, on a Diamond Audio 600 Watt amp at 2 ohms. He has his amp tuned to about 80 hz, and at 23 volume it's about 600 watts. We were at volume 15 in the video so I'd say around 400 - 450 watts. So what I'm using, 550 watts, should be suffice.

What do you guys think? Looks ok, sounds ok, at least what you can tell from a video anyway? I'm interested.

Ok back out to work! These A-Pillars are pissin me off!

:clapping: Sounds nice but yeah thats a shit load of rattling. I didn't get any rattling out of my system and I am doing 500w rms, then again my subs are firing into the cabin and I am in a sealed box but regardless none of my trunk is deadened and I don't get any rattle whatsoever. The only thing I had to roadkill was my rear deck it rattled like a bish but I also removed my 6x9's after realizing they served no purpose with 4 mid woofers on my front doors and 4 tweeters in the front alone. The only thing I have in the back are the silk dome tweeters on my c pillars. I need to get some video of it playing but that sub in your trunk is pounding. Damn I love Audison Hertz. Now let's stop playing around and get this bish finished.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Very nice test. By the ways.. it's never finished :drink40:

I know this. Wait till you guys see whats in store when i get this part of the car done! The audio part i mean! All ill say is the ride will be cloud like!

:clapping: Sounds nice but yeah thats a shit load of rattling. I didn't get any rattling out of my system and I am doing 500w rms, then again my subs are firing into the cabin and I am in a sealed box but regardless none of my trunk is deadened and I don't get any rattle whatsoever. The only thing I had to roadkill was my rear deck it rattled like a bish but I also removed my 6x9's after realizing they served no purpose with 4 mid woofers on my front doors and 4 tweeters in the front alone. The only thing I have in the back are the silk dome tweeters on my c pillars. I need to get some video of it playing but that sub in your trunk is pounding. Damn I love Audison Hertz. Now let's stop playing around and get this bish finished.

I have a few problem stops i know about thats causing the rattling. Theyll get addressed for sure. Im working on getting it finished! Relax! Im felling pretty damn good about what you guys are gonna see a bit later. Right now its time for some games before my kids go to bed!

It looks pretty good in that video. Did you try facing it in different positions to see which was loudest? You should find some way of preserving the passthrough or having some sort of air passage into the cabin, I can't see how you wouldn't lose a lot of output otherwise.

I didnt but im planning to do a few things as far as testing now that i know what the box can do. I didnt have my guy for long. His girlfriend was sick and their new parents so he had to go take careof the little one so she could rest. Ill do some more testing very soon.

So, day 3 of this vacation week! I'm very pleased with what I'm about to share with you guys! I pretty much left off where I was at yesterday with the A Pillars, but that took me quite a long time to get to where I am with them now. Pleased! I spent the better part of today on them and aiming, and gluing, and cutting and re gluing, and re aiming,and re gluing, and so on and so forth! I finally got a good overall aiming on them, and I'm pretty happy with the way they sit now. I'll go through the pics for you.

If will recall when I left off last night I wasn't so sure about my design and whether or not I was going to be able to get the cfv in there or not. I decided on this as a finishing.

I'm going to make a plate that will sit over the speaker rings, and yet be under the mid range and tweeters themselves. That panel will be made out of 1/8" ply, I have it laying around. Anyway, It's going to be just a touch bigger than the actual rings. That will be covered in cfv now. The suede will cover as normal, right down to the rings. Then the cfv plate will go over the top of it and finish it off. The mid range and tweeters will hold it in place when they attach to the panel and speaker ring. Here are the pics.

DSC05173.jpg

DSC05174.jpg

DSC05175.jpg

DSC05176.jpg

DSC05177.jpg

DSC05178.jpg

DSC05179.jpg

DSC05180.jpg

DSC05181.jpg

DSC05194.jpg

Full view!

DSC05195.jpg

Together side by side!

DSC05196.jpg

Now it's time for some glassing. First they need to get covered. Some red grill cloth, spray glue, staples, and patience outta do it!

DSC05197.jpg

Now I've tried this a couple other times, and failed miserably with it. We'll see how much I've learned over the last couple years.

DSC05198.jpg

DSC05199.jpg

DSC05200.jpg

DSC05201.jpg

DSC05202.jpg

DSC05203.jpg

Covered, and ready to go!

DSC05204.jpg

Time to glass! Well resin anyway!

DSC05205.jpg

I had to make a little platform, what you see in the middle in the picture above, cause the pillars don't stand up, or do they stay any sort of upright. Would have made it a pain to brush.

DSC05206.jpg

DSC05207.jpg

First layer of resin on! Stayed tight for the most part, looks good, cloth is saturated. I'm calling this a success!

DSC05208.jpg

DSC05209.jpg

DSC05210.jpg

DSC05229.jpg

Gotta get those covers off, and then back out for a second layer.

DSC05229.jpg

DSC05230.jpg

Archived