06 Civic Build - New Build List on page 60

Hey guys! I was just throwing this around and I could use some thoughts on it.

I was thinking of not doing the 4th order on this to save a little bit of space. But as we've talked about before I have the rear seats up about 98% of the time cause I always have car seats back there.

What I was thinking about was doing a straight ported enclosure cabin facing, and then sealing it from the trunk. I guess that's basically a 4th order anyway isn't it? I was just thinking the difference between 25" of depth and 19 inches of depth is quite a bit!

What do you guys think?

Good call, thanks for the confirmation.

I just ordered the aluminum stock for the distribution blocks. I need to still pick up a drill press and either do the cutting on a table saw or bite the bullet and add a band saw to the mix! Either way, I think these are still a little ways off. But parts are coming in.

Got the headphone amps today as well! So that's ready to go. I think I need to organize my garage a little bit and get some of these projects in order. Maybe my wife will allow me to put some shelving in a couple of the cabinets that are never used. RIGHT!!!!

Ok Guys here:

DSC05394.jpg

Or here:

DSC05393.jpg

I kind of like the second one personally, and it's a shorter run for the wire, but it bunches all the components in one spot. But I like the separation of it up top as well. What does everyone think!?! Maybe I'll put up a poll and get everyones thought's!

I like it under the tablet strictly for the convenience factor, you don't want to have to reach up there every time you need to use the HU plus I think it fills out that area nicely.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Well here's the other factor. With that head unit, I'll be using an Axxiss SWI so I can have the ability to use my steering wheel controls when I need it. Otherwise, the volume will be controlled by the bit one DRC which will remain under the tablet even if the face plate goes in the headliner. The only reason I would need to touch the head unit would be to insert or eject a cd. Otherwise, it'll turn on by a switch I'm going to put by the drc, or just always be on and the sound switched on by selecting the aux mode on the bit one. And actually I won't need to get up there anyway, cause the cd's go in the glove box where the brain will be. So the face plate will be strictly for showing and seeing what channel etc.

Well here's the other factor. With that head unit, I'll be using an Axxiss SWI so I can have the ability to use my steering wheel controls when I need it. Otherwise, the volume will be controlled by the bit one DRC which will remain under the tablet even if the face plate goes in the headliner. The only reason I would need to touch the head unit would be to insert or eject a cd. Otherwise, it'll turn on by a switch I'm going to put by the drc, or just always be on and the sound switched on by selecting the aux mode on the bit one. And actually I won't need to get up there anyway, cause the cd's go in the glove box where the brain will be. So the face plate will be strictly for showing and seeing what channel etc.

Oh okay I see and damn makes sense but nonetheless under the tablet just makes it look complete, unless you have something else to fill that area?

P.S. just thought about who I am talking to, Wow factor is probably up top just because you will get the question "How the Hell?"

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Oh okay I see and damn makes sense but nonetheless under the tablet just makes it look complete, unless you have something else to fill that area?

P.S. just thought about who I am talking to, Wow factor is probably up top just because you will get the question "How the Hell?"

:roflmao: That is so very true my friend! I'm actually leaning in that direction right now. No I don't have anything else to go under the tablet, But I could put a couple switches under there or a volt meter or something like that as well. I think just the DRC centered will give me the "less is more" effect! I'll look at it more when I have more time.

I would put it up top. With the steering wheel controls, there's no real need to put it in the dash, plus up top would look cooler cus then people would b askin how u did that and shit. Personally that's we're I would put it. Please put as many pics as u can up bout this, would like to try it someday :)

Bring on the Rockfords!!

Archived