06 Civic Build - New Build List on page 60

Here you can see the traced line.

DSC04268.jpg

The rest is pretty much basic. Pulled the foam down, and then cut the line!

DSC04269.jpg

DSC04270.jpg

So now this basically gives me a template to go off of. This gives me about an inch and a half on either side before the trunk arms and that will allow plenty of room to build my custom trim pieces on the arm itself. Remember I have an amp going up there and I have to have two 4ga power wires, a remote wire, and two sets (4 ch) of rca's going up the other side. SO I'll have to put those up the trunk arms and then build or fiberglass a trim panel to go over them.

At this point I'm going to scrap the braces and go a different route. After thinking about it, and deciding to go ahead with the actuator idea, that I'll need the bottom of the drawer exposed. So what I'll do is use this template for the top plate as well as the drawer bottom plate. So I'll take this and make a half or 3/4" plate and then have a couple of sides mounted to it for the drawer slides. Then to anchor it to the rear deck I'll use threaded inserts, and bolt down from the top. That way I can take it out if I need to without destroying the wood, although it'll be a bitch to do with that custom deck up there. But it's the best way and I'm gonna have two amps up there so there will be some weight to it, and I don't want to worry about it pulling loose. So some hurricane nuts from the bottom, and some screws or bolts with washers from the top should do the trick nicely. Then on the bottom I'll do the actuator in the center so that it can move freely and not bind. I'll then build a cover piece for the front so all you'll see is the trim piece. When it's closed you'll only see that and the sub enclosure trim piece will butt up to it. When opened, in order to see under it, you'll have to get down and look up. Not worried about that.

So there it is for now. Gonna work on building the drawer maybe this weekend. I doubt I'll have time this week. I am, however, going to try and do a couple of things that need to be finished this week. Hopefully I'll have time.

Thanks for tuning in, that's it for now.

Still waiting for someone to pick this stuff up so I can get my tablet and components! Check it out!

The way you dealt with the port/flip down panel behind the seats has really inspired me for my own build. I just hope whatever my next vehicle is has back seats that fold down the same way.

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

Ok so here's the final list of things for the tablet project:

Samsung Galaxy 10.1 Tablet 32gb WiFi

Samsung Galaxy 10.1 Docking Station

Samsung Galaxy Tab 30pin Vehicle Charger

Samsung Galaxy Tab with HDMI port out

Gefen HDMI to Composite Scaler

Mini Box M2-ATX (160W) Intelligent Automotive DC-DC Car PC Power Supply

Gepco Digital Coax Cable

Firgelli 2" Mini Linear Actuator

There's the list. Lots of fabrication, due to having to relocate the HVAC controls, most likely loosing the Vent, and moving the other things. As well as making a 10.1" tablet fit in the OEM head unit location.

I'm waiting on some final wiring confirmations over at MP3Car.com but it's all pretty much a go!

Here's the updated list of audio going into this build. For the most part anyway:

Samsung Galaxy 10.1 Tablet

Gefen HDMI to Composite Scaler

Pioneer AVD-W7900 Monitors

Pioneer SE-IRM250 Headphones

Hertz Mille ML280s Signature Tweeters

Hertz Mille ML700 3" Comp Mid Range

Hertz Mille ML1600 Mid Bass

Hertz High Energy HSK-165 Rear fill (passive)

Hertz High Energy HX300D subs (12"s dvc)

Audison Bit One.1 Processor

Audison LRx 4.1k (mid range and tweeters),

Audison LRx 2.9 (mid bass),

Audison LRx 2.4 (rear fill),

Audison LRx 1.1k x 2 (subs)

Stinger - Batteries (x3 SPP1200), H/O relay, Cables (1/0 Ga, 4ga, 8ga, speaker, other wires) Front - Done March 20, 2011

Audison Connection - distribution blocks, and all connections

Mechman 220 amp alternator

Zenesis auto start alarm with window up/down modules, and sunroof modules

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE!!!! I'm very very exited about this! Check it out!

Straight from Best Buy, man their getting cheap. They don't even use good bags anymore!

IMG00632-20110825-1337-1.jpg

YA Baby! Part 1 of the "Tablet Project" is here! Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 32gb WiFi. All they had was White but that's ok, when it's in the dash, it won't matter cause you won't see it!

IMG00633-20110825-1337.jpg

This will give you an idea of the size of it. Such a little package with such a big price tag!

IMG00634-20110825-1339.jpg

And there she is! Plastic film still on it! I'm not going to unwrap it now, I'm at work. I'll play with it tonight or tomorrow and get it set up etc.

IMG00635-20110825-1342.jpg

Not much in the box, power cord, adapters, usb cable, booklet, and some headphones under the booklet. Like I said, small package for a big price tag!

IMG00636-20110825-1342.jpg

So there you go. Part 1 is here. Next up, I'll have to get the card paid down with paypal money, and then get the rest of the parts: dock, media tab, car charger, converter, and the power supply that I end up using. I think I'm going to still use the same one, M2-ATX, but I'm also looking at a couple others as well.

That's it for now!

Ok so I got the Tablet out a little before I had to come back to work tonight. I got the charger out, wall charger that is, and started to think about it and I said "self, if this charger for the wall takes the usb cord, and the car charger takes the usb cord, then why would the voltage be any different here than there." So out came the DMM and the charger, and I took a little test. This is what I came up with!

IMG00637-20110825-1950.jpg

IMG00638-20110825-1950.jpg

Not sure why I needed 2 views but I took it!

So 5v for charging it is! Just thought I'd share that.

get to work lol

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

Archived