06 Civic Build - New Build List on page 60

Should look sweet when it's done. Have you put any thought into going lower with the tablet? Looks like the dash could flow right into it. Build from the center console up and you can still fab and glass outside the car. Center consoles aren't too bad used either so if you don't like it, not too much heartache. Retain the metro dash kit for your pioneer screen as well and possibly get the tablet away from the glare as well as retain the vents.

Ya actually I've done a lot of moving it around and the best spot I found was dead center where I put it. Lower and I'd be impeded by the stick shifter, and it's too wide for the center console.

What I've actually been thinking about just today, was instead of doing the heater controls in the center cubby, do them up above where the light is in the roof. That's where I was going to do the bit one controller originally, but I think I may do something different with that and have it tie in right below the tablet.

I've got major ideas working right now. I might be able to tinker with it tonight. Let's hope! Cause if not, I may get noooooo sleep tonight.

This was in response to a comment on a different thread. I just decided to put in this weekends update as well.

Man' date=' I can't wait for you to get started on this! I know there's a handfull of us that are thinking about doing exactly what you're about to do, and we can't wait to see the results![/quote']

I'm hoping I can have some time soon to do it. The problem right now is, this is my daily driver and it's a pain, if you're a civic owner you know what i'm talking about, to get the head unit bezel out cause you pretty much have to dismantle the entire dash. I need to get that out, so I can take not of my depth and see what I'm going to be dealing with as far as obstructions etc. I'm heavily thinking of incorporating the bit one remote into where the HVAC controls are now, but I'm not sure if I can make that work or not. The tablet looks SICK centered on the whole thing, and if that's the case I may not have the ability to do that with the remote. So a lot hinges on getting that bezel out and I've not had time to do it yet.

Which brings me to this weekend. I was going to, and really looking forward to, work on my car this last weekend. But some stuff happened that was not under my control. First I had a small sidejob to do on Saturday, that turned into a huge side job and a full days work instead of a few hours. Not bad cause I made some money, but lost my opportunity to work on my car. Sunday I had an estimate to do, and through all this starting on Saturday, my wife's neck went out on her. She was in a car accident about 10 - 12 years ago. Every once in a while her neck goes out on her, due to horrible whiplash, and she's pretty much tied to the couch or bed with ice on her neck and drugs in her system. Sucks, I hate seeing her like that. But that leaves me to take care of the kids. So, needless to say the car got pushed back again. I'm going to try and get something done this week, but I'm not sure if I can make time or not.

Things are slow going and I apologize for that, but I have to take care of life and family before car. I have about 100 ideas running through my head and it's frustrating not to be able to work on them.

It will happen, but until then, I thank you for your patience.

Ok so due to money issues, I'm going to downgrade to a lesser converter. The one I was going to buy was too expensive and then to add all the other components on top, was just going to be too much at the moment. SO I'm getting a different one and then we'll see how it sounds from there. If I need to down the road, I'll go to the other stuff.

I just ordered all items that I need to get this thing started. So I'm guessing by next week I'll be ready to bench test and then start the install! WOOHOO!!

Archived