06 Civic Build - New Build List on page 60

Well I'll definitely explore that option. I'll be making a couple of test boxes to see how they sound. I want to make sure this one is done right. I've done and changed so many times I don't wanna change anymore. There's soo much going on in here I want it to be right and right this time! Then I can move onto my project truck. Thanks for the input. Always appreciated!

Um thanks I think! Little too much?!?

How long did it take you to post all this? did you start this morning?

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

Jesus. When you take the time to paint th bolts on the underbody, thats what I call dedicated. Awesome so far man. I drive a 98 civic and will soon be doing some upgrade, any suggestions on exhaust? :pardon:

Thanks! I'm kind of a perfectionist. It's admittedly driving me nuts that those bracket bolts that I painted are scratched from the sockets. I may try and find some black ones when I get the hardware this week.

I love the Vibrant Exhaust. It's ungoddy loud, and has a nice tone to it. When I was looking for an exhaust I was looking for something that would perform and at the same time not attract cops or unwanted viewers. I didn't want you hearing me coming from a mile away. It's unnecessary. As well I have two daughters that I drive around daily, so I didn't want the drone so loud it hurts their ears either. I found a guy around town here who has this exhaust on his Si, and he took me for a ride and I was sold before we hit the first block. In all honesty I would suggest this one to anyone who asks. However, I will admit this is the first and only one I've had but be that as it may I did a lot of research and most everyone I've talked to or read about say this is the quietest and one of the highest rated exhausts for the money too. It's a lot cheaper in price than most out there. Just my 2 cents!

Trunk - Here's the main part of this build. Let's start with the sub set up. I'll be building a sealed box rear firing for the two 12" Hertz subs. I have changed this a bit, and it may change back. The original plan was to run a 1000 watt amp to each sub, for head room and plenty of power on hand. As I said I do love bass. However, now I've eliminated it from the system. I needed the money at one point, and as of now it hasn't sold. So if that continues to be the case, I'll most likely re incorporate it into the system. So the sealed box will have a big port in the middle of it. This is the pass through to and through the back seat. That's why everything has had a pass through in it. I'll also be grilling off this one somehow.

Dont listen Ported box ALL DAY... unless space is a problem... Go Ported

Sealed has a much flatter response than ported, although ported can still have a very flat response without much rolloff if done correctly. Focusing on SQ though, most of those setups are sealed boxes.

Um thanks I think! Little too much?!?

How long did it take you to post all this? did you start this morning?

I need to learn how to multi quote!

Um I started about an hour ago, maybe an hour and a half. I uploaded the photos on photobucket and let them do their thing while I went to bootcamp for a workout. Then when I got home I started. I have the luxury of being able to type about 70 word per minute so the details are a little easier to get out a little quicker when you type that fast. Besides that I try to make sure everything is in order when I go to post stuff up so that way I can get in there and go for broke and not have to bounce around too much. The other thing that helps too is that the other site I'm on, 8thcivic.com, has an unlimited picture posting. So I could have hundreds of pictures and do it all on one post. So I do the whole thing on there, and do a little //// when I get to 10 pictures, and then when I'm done I copy and paste! Makes life way easier!

So now you know my secrets! LOL!!

Well I'm kind of a tweener. I love my bass but my main goal is quality. Besides that space is going to be an issue with all the equipment I have going in. So like I said I'll do a couple different boxes, sealed and ported, and see where I go from there. But I'm used to sealed boxes and that's what I've always built. I'm horrible and ported boxes, not that I couldn't build them cause I could. I'm a contractor, or was at one point, so I know how to build and work with wood. Pretty much if I had a plan on a ported box, I could build it to perfection. With any blueprint too. But the problem is getting the plan and having it fit to my specifications and space.

I'm going to be mocking up the entire trunk in foam board insulation. I've got 3/4, 5/8, and 1/2" sheets. They're all the sizes that I plan to be using in the build so I got all those sizes for that purpose. I'll be getting started with that very soon!

Ok guys, I gotta hit the sack. I'm exhausted! Thanks for all the input. Love doing this stuff and talking about it. Can't wait for tomorrow. Another day brings new adventures! Goodnight!!

I'll do that. Wow, 2 - 2.5 cubes seems like a lot of space. I'm gonna have to do a couple of test boxes and see what I'm working with. I was gonna go 1.5 max. I guess another .5 - 1.0 isn't terribly bad, just I am dealing with, as you know already, limited space. I've also got to try and find room for 4 or 5 amps and somewhere in the future, possibly an air ride system. I'll go check out your build log. Thanks!

By 2 - 2.5 do you mean sealed or ported?

Sorry bud... I got confused because you said port through the armrest. 2.5 Sealed probably wouldn't work out. Too much air space.

I think if you're looking for a combination of Flat response, as well as the ability to play bass heavy songs, I'd look into a 4th order bandpass. You might be able to get away with a single 12 vs 2, with the same output, possibly more... and less weight. The way you want to put the seats up and put the armrest down, you're essentially creating a 4th order in less than perfect conditions.

Archived