06 Civic Build - New Build List on page 60

Lol at frozenbeaver and Im on mobile so I cant link the pic for reference but I built amp racks and I had about 4 inches of space to move the spare forward so I put it there and then I will put my battalion in the circle...wait think about it like this there is a circle and a connected square which for me held the spare tire tools but I moved the spare into the square and put the tools in the tire I gave up screwing the spare down as it was unnecessary because my spare doesn't shift around the space issue worked out well when I thought it out I meed to get pics up so I can make my point. I also made a 2" shelf that my sub box sits on that added space so my spare fits with no issues if you play with the numbers and out the mind to work you can custom design that trunk to fit everything in one shot with full functionality believe me I know what boat you're in my biggest goal with my build was custom and full functioning trunk I kept my spare and I just had to make it happen I know you can do it when I get a chance I will post my trunk build and show you functionality.

Btw I used hinges to lift my false bottom and get to my spare it has a handle and can lift up to access my spare has enough the only thing and I mean only thing I lost in my trunk was I can't put the tire in wheel well but that's no biggie I just toss it in the trunk which it fits perfectly.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Ok guys, I have a question. Didn't you guys tell me that I need to do the port taking the whole enclosure into account? If so, that's what I've been doing. and I'm also being told the port is too small. Ok. I just did a new torres, and the enclosure takes up the whole 40 inch width, 15.5" tall (an inch taller than before), and the depth is 13 on top and 19 on the bottom. Gives me 4.51 cu ft all together according to Torres. So going by the average 16sqin per cube thing, I should be at about 72.16 sqin on the port. I put in 8.5 x 8.5 which shows up at 72.25 sqin of port area. Then I made the port at 35" long (which seems super long to me), and between that and 34" I get the same frequency at 43.65hz. That's the lowest I could get it to go.

So given the size of the box, obviously not taking into account that it's going to be split, does that even seem right?

In breaking it up I've gotten it at a 3:1 ratio:

Sealed: I had to cut down the width to get it to 1 cu ft. So the width is at 32" on that and a 6" height. This gives me a total of 1.01 cuft. If I go with the 40" width, I get a total of 1.28 cuft.

Ported: This one is 10.25" tall by 40 wide, then you take into account the wedge depths. I get 3.02 cu ft before displacement. I get 2.92cu ft after displacement.

That's as close to a 3:1 ratio as I've gotten. However, there are a couple things I'm concerned about:

1) I'm very very sketch on the port size. Seems way to long and large to me.......insert joke here :santa:

2) If that port is right, that absolutely KILLS the ported section and there's no point in even doing it.

3) In reading some of the other informational sites on port length, if the 8.5 x 8.5 gives me the 72.16 of port area, then I should be at between 16 - 22 inches of port length, which would make way more sense. However when I plug it in to Torres like that, I get a tuning of 47.77Hz - 45.93Hz. Seems a little high to me.

Any thoughts or ideas? Should I be at a 2:1 ratio or 3:1 ratio? I'm in for anymore suggestions. I think I'm learning, as frustrating as this has been, and I appreciate all your help and suggestions.

Well let's see, since I don't seem to have enough crap going on here, I thought I'd throw something else into the mix! Coming soon, to a forum near you, well here actually, project "Headlight Retro V-2 - The Quad Set Up"! That's right I'm doing it all over again! When, I have no idea! But, I took advantage of the Cyber Monday sales at TheRetrofitSource.com and picked up the stars of the show! Let me introduce them to you!

Here's their buss rolling up now:

IMG00944-20111209-1645.jpg

Oh wait the doors are opening, who do we have, YES the E55 shroud crew:

IMG00945-20111209-1645.jpg

IMG00946-20111209-1646.jpg

IMG00947-20111209-1646.jpg

aren't they just sparkly! They'll look really dazzling after a little matte black paint!

Who's that way down in there?

Ladies and Gentlemen, introducing the FX-R Projectors:

IMG00948-20111209-1646.jpg

IMG00949-20111209-1647.jpg

IMG00950-20111209-1647.jpg

IMG00951-20111209-1647.jpg

IMG00953-20111209-1651.jpg

IMG00954-20111209-1651.jpg

Now let's see them dance together!

IMG00955-20111209-1653.jpg

IMG00956-20111209-1653.jpg

Absolutely beautiful!

They also had a friend tag along, who is this, let me find out!?!

I've just been informed it's the 9006 HID Morimoto bulbs! Welcome to the party guys! Please won't you take your coat off, have a seat and relax!

IMG00957-20111209-1658.jpg

That's better!

IMG00958-20111209-1658.jpg

Let's get a family photo of you all! Christmas cards from this one I can tell! :santa::yahoo:

IMG00959-20111209-1658.jpg

Ok folks that's it. They'll be making their way back at some point. Not sure when they'll be ready, but I'll let you know.

Ok for real now, the quad set up is gonna happen at some point here down the road. The 9006 bulbs are so I can remove the current set up, Mini H-1's and sell em to get some money back to pay for the hid bulbs and the extra ballasts I need for the quad set up. Otherwise, this will be going off sometime in the very near future! Hope you liked my little skit!

Ok. Well thanks for looking that up for me. What about the ported section? I can't afford to fry this thing. I'm getting worn out on this enclosure!

I'm not sure when I'll start the projectors. I'm anxious to get to em, but I want to focus on the audio now. Obviously I've got my work cut out for me. I can't even figure out this box. I'll post when it happens though.

I like the projectors!

Sorry, wish I could help you out with your box, but I am learning about 4th orders as well. Just keep striving, you will get it! :drinks:

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

Archived