Ok aq basically blamed it on me (improper wiring) after countless times arguing with them, i gave up, in the end, they're taking care of it with some $ coming from my pocket. Anyways, refer to op, i am changing this build completely, i will post info as i get it, yea i wanna run sundown, no more aq, just gonna wait on nightshades to be in stock :)

Remember that old saying "The customer is always right"

That doesn't apply to a damn thing when being involved with mobile electronics. I've been in your shoes time and time again, and no matter how hard you try to explain to a manufacturer what the issue is 99% of the time it's your fault before they even listen to a word you tell them. The one company that has been a big exception to this rule is..... you guess it SUNDOWN AUDIO!!!!!! Jake and Brandon have always got my back if I've had an issue with anything from them at all.

This is probably because Jake is just one hell of a guy to begin with, but I also like to think that they know I'm capable and credible when it comes to equiptment failure. Being a Team Sundown member and 2 time NSPL world champion probably doesn't hurt either ;)

Hope you get shit worked out, and in the mean time get these modded V1 Nightshades that I have just sitting here waiting to be shipped to you :)

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

• 2 weeks later...

good news everyone, i got my AQ's back, hooked them up tested everything, and you can feel and hear the difference, now it feels at least a 145/146 out the box. Subs get a little warm, amp doesn't even get warm so it sounds like everything is going good so far :). No bad smells, its just simply loud and moving a lot of air already. Definitely more into these until fully broken in, like i said i gained 5-6 dbs over time on the same amp/same box/same electricals with my AQ 12s. I'm going to run these for a while until i decide the necessary time to get nightshades. Keep posted for vids on the aqs this week :)

Also on a side note, my tinsels were redone so they are mounted just like they were on my 12s so that was a plus. So overall i am very happy. Despite the advice i was getting about my box being too small for the AQ's i believe it sounds good and its already as loud as the 12s, going to be happy with them for time being.

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
1st Setup: 145.8 DB Outlaw @37 HZ On Music Out Of Trunk
2nd Setup: 147.8 DB @42 HZ On Music Out The Trunk
Current Trunk Build:
153.8 DB Outlaw @ 49 HZ Out the trunk (150.8 DB Sealed)
Team gg.

biggest issue with the box is it will lack cooling, since u are controling excursion with the small volume, and i would bet your low end falls off pretty fast... but u listen to that damn techno dance jargon and thats where the aq's will always excel (45hz+)

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

biggest issue with the box is it will lack cooling, since u are controling excursion with the small volume, and i would bet your low end falls off pretty fast... but u listen to that damn techno dance jargon and thats where the aq's will always excel (45hz+)

yea they are getting a little warmer quicker than my 12s mainly because of what you are saying, well at least i think so it makes sense....LMAO not entirely, just for fun :) we'll see what it meters sometime this week, any chance you will be at the alsip show sunday?

EDIT: but they are excurding wayy more than the ones that smoked 2 weeks ago

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
Current Trunk Build:
Team gg.

yea they are getting a little warmer quicker than my 12s mainly because of what you are saying, well at least i think so it makes sense....LMAO not entirely, just for fun :) we'll see what it meters sometime this week, any chance you will be at the alsip show sunday?

live learn and spend money is the name of the game bro, glad to see u didnt give up on the subs and you have beat back.

me on the other hand got my car got broken into <_<

so im rather uninterested in audio right now, taking a break... selling things and making a new plan of action so im not sure if ill do alsip. my girl and I should be in springfield tho

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Good to hear you got the AQ's back, in, and working. Hopefully they get broken in a lil bit b4 Springfield. I'm going, dont know if i'll b competing just yet.

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

live learn and spend money is the name of the game bro, glad to see u didnt give up on the subs and you have beat back.

me on the other hand got my car got broken into <_<

so im rather uninterested in audio right now, taking a break... selling things and making a new plan of action so im not sure if ill do alsip. my girl and I should be in springfield tho

yea we learned a lesson, definitely much more careful, probably used the dmm 10 times during the wire process this time, rather than once last time, but again maybe the polarity was messed up so the dmm wouldve done no good so we were much careful at what we were doing this time no doubt. :No:!!!!!!! did they steal any equipment??? That sucks man, sucks that bs like that happens to us, why can't life just not have problems :(, plus the fact that all thieves are basically haters in every aspect of life...def be nice to see you and your girl in springfield then :). Oh yea how long is this "break" for you anyways?

Good to hear you got the AQ's back, in, and working. Hopefully they get broken in a lil bit b4 Springfield. I'm going, dont know if i'll b competing just yet.

thanks alot man, yea thats the plan, trying to break em in a bit then see what the lows will do, tried some 30 hz at 30% volume and it moves more around than my 12s did, i expect the rear view to fall out by springfield lmao....mannnn how far along are you with getting your stuff in? Regardless, definitely looking forward to seeing and meeting you at springfield! :)

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
Current Trunk Build:
Team gg.

thanks alot man, yea thats the plan, trying to break em in a bit then see what the lows will do, tried some 30 hz at 30% volume and it moves more around than my 12s did, i expect the rear view to fall out by springfield lmao....mannnn how far along are you with getting your stuff in? Regardless, definitely looking forward to seeing and meeting you at springfield! :)

LOL, i havent had a rearview for awhile now my 18 took care of that haha. I recieved my subs on Monday, Tracking number for my amp says it will be here Saturday. I also got my box design last week (3.9cf @ 32), i have to wait for lumber which should be at the store tomorrow afternoon.

After that getting it all cut should be working on it by this weekend should have it all done by early next week. Then i have to wait for my distortion detector, hopefully itll be here b4 the comp. It'll be good to meet you and a few others from the SMD community down there. Dont know if im riding solo or if a friend is coming just yet.

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

LOL, i havent had a rearview for awhile now my 18 took care of that haha. I recieved my subs on Monday, Tracking number for my amp says it will be here Saturday. I also got my box design last week (3.9cf @ 32), i have to wait for lumber which should be at the store tomorrow afternoon.

After that getting it all cut should be working on it by this weekend should have it all done by early next week. Then i have to wait for my distortion detector, hopefully itll be here b4 the comp. It'll be good to meet you and a few others from the SMD community down there. Dont know if im riding solo or if a friend is coming just yet.

hahahaha i guess im just a lil behind ya then huh...hell yea man, iirc btl n2 12s on unknown power out the trunk? Hell yea man, def would be nice to meet ya too, always nice to meet some awesome people around the area that loves the car audio hobby :)

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
Current Trunk Build:
Team gg.

vid thanks to slappuho, somehow didnt pick up the flex as well as it shouldve (this camera is the shit btw picks up everything), but enjoy :popcorn:

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
Current Trunk Build:
Team gg.

Archived