Second Skin Audio

Pics Of Blown 18 Btl?

Hey guys im pretty sure this things toast but just want to double check. In the pics you can see how the leads made holes in the spider and one of the leads disconnected. I have a recone sitting at my house and before i go at it just wanted to clear it up, give me some feedback and let me know whats up. Thanks

IMG_4630.jpg

225 Excessive Amperage Alt.

4 Yellow top batteries

Pioneer AVH-6600

Kicker KQ5

2 FI 18 BTL's fully loaded

2 zx 2500.1's

4 ks6.5 coaxials

4 ks5.25 coaxials

kx650.4

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2358078

over-excursion bro. you need to make sure your subsonic filter is on and set right around 37hz plus double check your box dimensions you might have it tuned a little low if your not using a subsonic. and yes re-cone it.

I got banned for being an ignorant ass....and im a dickhole

i like men, michael jackson and large sausages

well i have it running off a zxz2500.1 and i bought this amp refurbished and ive had nothing but problems with it. I kept blowing 300 amp fuses and eventually blow this sub so i had it sent off to kicker and they fixed it all up. The other 2500 i bought was new and works perfect. I assume it was the faulty amp, what do you guys think? Also ill make sure to double check the ssf again. thanks

225 Excessive Amperage Alt.

4 Yellow top batteries

Pioneer AVH-6600

Kicker KQ5

2 FI 18 BTL's fully loaded

2 zx 2500.1's

4 ks6.5 coaxials

4 ks5.25 coaxials

kx650.4

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2358078

why would you set your ssf around 37hz when a regular crossover will go down that far? thats stupid. besides, ive heard you can get away with setting it 10hz below your tuning if yours careful. meade also said his spiders were wearing though, and mine are a little. i think its pretty common with this sub.

duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

why would you set your ssf around 37hz when a regular crossover will go down that far? thats stupid. besides, ive heard you can get away with setting it 10hz below your tuning if yours careful. meade also said his spiders were wearing though, and mine are a little. i think its pretty common with this sub.

don't mean to be dick or nuthn but this is coming directly from Scott at FI. these BTL's do not like overexcursion at all and scott checked out the amp and re-set the ssf up that high. i'm not the rocket scientist here

I got banned for being an ignorant ass....and im a dickhole

i like men, michael jackson and large sausages

so then theres absolutely no reason to build a box under 37hz tuning if you own a fully loaded 18" btl? sounds fishy to me.

Really this is because the BTL is meant to be a SPL sub or one note.

So its not really made for music, but meade and some other people have found a way to make it work.

corvettefanpb7.png

katanaub3gy9.png

toyotasuprafan2rr8.png