Sonic Electronix

i need help on getting the wire from the sub to the amp. i don't want to cut holes in the box to put the wire through. Ive seen people use like... bolts and the put those into the box, then attach the wire to those. is that efficient? or can someone recommend me a way to do it. thanks

i need help on getting the wire from the sub to the amp. i don't want to cut holes in the box to put the wire through. Ive seen people use like... bolts and the put those into the box, then attach the wire to those. is that efficient? or can someone recommend me a way to do it. thanks

bolts is the best way to do it. It secured and air sealed.

bolts is the best way to do it. It secured and air sealed.

what can i use to keep the bolt from spinning when i connect the wires? i dont wanna take a sub out and hold the bolt every time i wanna rewire from 4 ohms to 1.

1999 Monte Carlo

Sony CDX-GT34w

2 Alpine Type R 12"s in 4 cubes tuned to 35hz

American Bass VFL 80.1 amp @ 1 ohm (probably doing between 1000 and 1300rms)

Stock alt, Stock batt, Big 3 Upgrade

Boston s55- 5 1/4s (doors)

Boston s95- 6x9s (rear deck)

Use 4 bolts but wire straight to that amp is a lot more efficient that's why people do it lol.

And your gonna have resistance using a bolt no matter what.

Edited by deeje

--2004 Toyota 4runner

New Build Log

-2002 Acura Tl-S

Old Build Log

Team DC Audio

ttf.png

spl dust is an option you can get on the coils... it's great for extra 1000 watts of power

where can i get this spl dust and how much is it. is it hard to apply? lol

heres a shitty explanation

put the bolt threw box ( with wire conected to bolt) then on outside put a washer then a nut.. tighten that as much as you can, then on the outside it will be like a stud, put a washer then your wire then another nut/wingnut

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

Bolt from inside, nut on other side. Then wire, and another nut.

So inside -> outside is bolt-wire-nut-box-nut-wire-nut

Direct wire IS more efficient though.

Edit- Goddamn double ninja'd...

Edit 2-I'm an idiot. Dont forget to hook up the wire inside the box lol. *fixed*

Edited by bassfiend316

I use 3/8" lag bolts then I use 4 nuts, I run 1 nut up the lag bolt till I have the desired amount from that nut to the end of the lag bolt, put my wire on before that nut and jam it down between the 2 nuts. After that put it through the box and jam another nut down on the outside. That leaves a stud that you can adjust the length on by using the 2 nuts inside the box, and because the wire is jammed between 2 nuts it's not going anywhere. On the outside you just put the wire on the stud, then jam it down so it's jammed between 2 nuts as well. No picture, but as visual as I can explain it.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(