Which is better? plus a few extra questions?

EDIT: performance wise which is better?

2000 pontiac grand prix gt-Having the bigger v6 but having a tad more miles and being auto and weighing 1k more

OR

2002 chevy cavalier ls sport being a i4 with a 5 speed man. and less miles. Minus 1k pounds.

Probaly was thinking 18-20 inch rims and low profile tires being my first mod. Next would probably be suspension (if needed not sure) then start with small engine stuff.

Second question being, would diffrent suspention and low profile tires help engine wise? Im pretty sure larger rims don't but would the liter tire (low profile) and bigger rim just equal out weight wise?

And suspension does that help the engine in anyway, do I want it as low as it can go and would it really go any lower with 19"s on? with out rub?

Last parts not quite an engine question but its performance related.

Third question, are these cars easy to work on?

Thankyou guys a million.

Edited by juanharu4913

Imo either i4 or v8. Never really been a fan of v6's they don't have enough power and they are too hard on gas. Just My opinion

2 polk audio 4x6'skenwood head-unit 220 amp Mechman alt1979 Corvette

2003 corvette z06

alpine radio and the bose system that came stock

Like vettedude said, if you're going to get a V6, you might as well get a V8 instead, same. if not more power for roughly the same MPG, all depending obviously.

For a balance of both you could get a turbo'ed I4. Eco box if you keep it under 3k (usually when turbo's spool up), anything above and it's awesome power. :P

If you plan on putting a turbo on a car just expect throwing money at the vehicle. Which if you beef up a motor you will most spend a lot of money on it.

The hp and torque all depends on the build and how many pounds of boost how big the turbo is (if you go that route )

2 polk audio 4x6'skenwood head-unit 220 amp Mechman alt1979 Corvette

2003 corvette z06

alpine radio and the bose system that came stock

I wanted to get a v8 at first but the only ones in my price range are like devilles and I really wanted something more sporty. They had a lexus sc300 (sp the numbers might be off) but it had like 200k miles on it.

Looking to stay under $4k and 130k miles

SC300 is not a V6, its a I6, and I would take a I6 over a V6 every day of the week....

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Please don't assume all i4, v6 and v8 are the same. You can have an i4 accord engine 2.4 with 166 hp against a mazda 6 i4 with 2.3 and 156 hp. Or an Accord v6 with a 200hp against a ford mustang (96) with 200hp. The newer the model the more hp cars tend to have because of manufacturer competition. I think you can do a little research now and figure out what you really need and want. Damn, get a mustang GT (5.0) with 412 hp. Or a Camaro with little more power than that but bigger engine (5.7). It really depends on your needs.