Which is better? plus a few extra questions?

if you were thinking of getting a SC300, do it... one of the best luxury sleeper cars there is....

its got a supra motor FFS

I6 all the way

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

first off what hasnt been discussed here is ur budget? ive had all of em, from i4's, v6's, and v8's. Depending on what ur price range is, what u wanna spend on gas and insurance each month will be plays a key factor in it as well. so depending on availability of the cars in ur area, ur price range, and allowances for gas and insurance all play a key part in ur final decision. if u can afford the insurance and gas, go with a domestic v8 car/truck, because if its domestic, most of the time parts are available and cheap. but if money is limited and u dont want to spend big bank on gas and insurance look into forced induction smaller engines, like the turbocharged and supercharged i4's and v6's. hell ive had several cars, and the one car i liked most that had good balance of power and economy was my 99 pontiac grand prix gtp. its a 3.8l v6 supercharged car. got pretty good gas mileage and made plenty of power. plus they take simple mods like intake/exhaust well and make alot of power relatively cheap. I did a intake, a smaller pulley on the supercharger, cat back exhaust, and a tune and was makin 301 whp, and 347 wtq. and still got 28 highway 22 town.

NOBODY'S A VIRGIN CAUSE LIFE SCREWS EVERYONE!

If you're looking at a newer Malibu (2008+) the 4banger imo has NO balls whatsoever, it's a DOG on the highway, barely enough power to pass someone. My mom has a 2010 Malibu LTZ with the 3.6L V6 6-Speed auto...and that thing can haul ass up to 140, EASILY. It's 6speed gives it great power to pass at 65+ highway speeds, and the torque at lower speeds is ridiculous, it will let loose at 40 mph if you mash it. My mom drives 10miles to work 5 days a week, and averages 18mpg city...on the highway it easy makes 28mpg.

My 2001 Impala LS w/ 3.8L V6 4speed auto gets about 15-17 city, and 32 easily on the highway. Now, I top swapped my 3800, and did a LOT more work to it, it's now supercharged and I love hearing the whine so I can burn thru a tank of gas in about 120miles city.... :pardon: If I keep it easy on the highway I can squeeze 30-32 mpg out of it easily.

I've never driven a 4 banger worse then the one in the Malibu. Even my dad's 98 subaru outback 4 banger is stronger than the Malibu I4.

So, I'm pretty biased to a v6. The only v8 I've driven was a 2010 Challenger SRT8 Hemi, and that thing is insanely fast.

Edited by billy101

First System

2002 Impala LS 3.8L V6, 128,365k miles.

Alternator: DC Power 190Amp H/O Alternator

Headunit: Kenwood KDC-BT945U.

Speakers: MBQuart 6.5" Comps, 6x9 3-way.

Amplifer: Eclipse 3322 on front 6.5 components, and a Infinity Kappa One @ 2ohm- 800w

Subwoofers: 2 REAudio SRX12D2 wired to 2 ohm.

Box: 3.1cuft box tuned to 33hz. sealed off to cabin

Big 3- done with all Knukonceptz KCA 0 gauge.

Don't drop below 14.1v at full tilt. :)

Price range would be 4k used, not much i know.

Im not overly worried about gas usage either.

Would something like this be alright?

http://www.edmunds.com/pontiac/grand-prix/2000/features-specs.html?ps=used&style=13760

ALso how do u guys feel about pontiac, there seems to be quite a few on the used market at alright prices. Will it last 200k if i keep it on the up and up?

Price range would be 4k used, not much i know.

Im not overly worried about gas usage either.

Would something like this be alright?

http://www.edmunds.com/pontiac/grand-prix/2000/features-specs.html?ps=used&style=13760

ALso how do u guys feel about pontiac, there seems to be quite a few on the used market at alright prices. Will it last 200k if i keep it on the up and up?

The only thing I'd be worried about with older 3800 FWD powered vehicles is that they are mated to the 4T65E transmission, and they are usually the weak point of the FWD 3.8L vehicles unless properly maintained. The 3800 motor-maintained, will hit 250k easily. My aunt has a 98 Buick Regal GS with 276k on it, not the original transmission though.

First System

Amplifer: Eclipse 3322 on front 6.5 components, and a Infinity Kappa One @ 2ohm- 800w

So would u be comfortable buying one for 3-4k with 100-135k miles on it? I planned on a test drive to to make sure nothing crazy is wrong.

Look under the hood and check the trans fluid. Make sure it's not burnt smelling and/or dirty. If it's bright red, that's good. Make sure the transmission hasn't been flushed recently....you should only do a pan drop and re-fill with the 4T65Es. When you test drive it, make sure you listen to the shifts under light/moderate/hard acceleration..make sure it's not slipping or hard shifting. Also bring a mechanic with you, or if you are mechanically inclined and own one...bring a scanner to scan for any codes, preferably one that can read TCM (transmission control module) codes as well.

First System

Imo either i4 or v8. Never really been a fan of v6's they don't have enough power and they are too hard on gas. Just My opinion

x2 this is true my moms 4.0 I6 jeep grand cherokee burns just as much fuel as my boys 5.3 v8 tahoe just cuz it has to work harder to make more power than a v8 does

(calculated we both get around 13.5 city)

Edited by bassHZ

cowboys_logo.gif