Sonic Electronix

I dont know what it is.. I have an idea.. I guess :shrug:

But i want to be able to tune my speakers better for a bit better sound.

Can someone explain what "Active" is and tell me How would i do this what i need to buy? im kinda on a budget to. so dont kill me with a price tag

Oh yea right now i have 4 coax RF punch 2 way 6.5" on headunit power and i want better SQ. Anyway to help? They seem to be real tight on the high end Freq. but sucks on the mid range

Edited by Winn

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

Going active would require a channel of your amp for each speaker. For example if you have a midbass and tweeter in one door, the tweeter would get one channel on the amp, the midbass driver would get the other channel etc. Thats the basic idea of it im sure someone will chime in with what to look for in an amp and more technical information than i know about.

bump

with that you cant go active with coax

Edited by Winn

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

i dont see any point in going active with coaxials. it sounds like the thing you need is an EQ, but crossover or EQ, you will need to be running an amp.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Start with a good amp to power what you currently have.

Yea they just dont sound that great... they lack low end reponse

My headunit distorts at like 41 out of 62??? WHY :(

and is amplifier power alot better than headunit power?

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

amp power is not only more power but usually cleaner and a better signal if you dont want to spend on the money that is involve in crossovers/eqs/and processing might i suggest the sundown sax100.4 it has one of the best crossover networks available on a 4ch amp i currently have 2 of them running a full 3 way active setup in my single cab c1500

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

amp power is not only more power but usually cleaner and a better signal if you dont want to spend on the money that is involve in crossovers/eqs/and processing might i suggest the sundown sax100.4 it has one of the best crossover networks available on a 4ch amp i currently have 2 of them running a full 3 way active setup in my single cab c1500

How much sundown is just like JL <_<

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

hmmm... 15w hu power or 50-200w amp power...

lower frequencies require a little more power but it could just be your coaxials dont play very low.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

hmmm... 15w hu power or 50-200w amp power...

lower frequencies require a little more power but it could just be your coaxials dont play very low.

got this in the doors http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_17789_Rockford-Fosgate-Punch-P1S652.html

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE