Sundown Audio

Good budget amp.

Dan208

I'm in the market for a decent budget amp. I don't want to spend more than $150, but would lke to keep it closer to the $100 range. I need something that does around 300 watts at 2 ohms (99% sure I'm going with a pair of Tang Band 8's; the regular ones, not the Neos). Here's a list of the ones that I've been looking at:

MB Quart FX1.400

MTX RFL300D

Phoenix Gold RSd 300.1

Pioneer GM D7500M

Clarion XR2110

The MB Quart is the cheapest one of these, followed by the Phoenix Gold. The MTX, Pioneer and Clarion are all the same price. I found all these at Sonic Electronix. Do any of these look good or does anyone have any other suggestions? The only brand out of these that I've had experience with is MTX. I used to run a RFL600D and it was great (also used a lot of their equipment 10+ years ago and it never let me down).

Well if you in the market for a price in that range .Do you have anything against used ?

Nothing against used, but I'd prefer new.

wont get much more budget than audiopipe, they are decent or the price, but many have positive and negative things to say about them

what kind of power are you looking to get for that price range

wont get much more budget than audiopipe, they are decent or the price, but many have positive and negative things to say about them

what kind of power are you looking to get for that price range

I was looking at Audiopipe, but the smallest one I can find does 600 watts at 2 ohms. That's double what I need and I don't feel comfortable putting that much power to the subs.

I'm needing 300 watts at 2 ohms.

I know it is a low brand amplifier.. but i ran volfenhags. its honestly not that bad of an amp. i know they are NOT putting out 2300 watts.. but id say maybe 500 rms. Check it out

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&xhr=t&q=volfenhag+amp&cp=12&biw=1024&bih=658&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=10684886542151481&sa=X&ei=ixEOTrmKK6TYiAKo7Y31DQ&sqi=2&ved=0CDUQ8wIwAQ