DC Sound Lab

DC lvl 3 10's broken surround

Personally I like to see the 10's in a much smaller box. 1cu ea. seems to be best.

Next if your wanting a custom built replacement I would recone with either the new xl/lvl 5 10 surround or I would choose the reinforced surround.

If your content with your box then I would add a second spider. This will help.

Lastly if your surround ever breaks again use all purpose goop from lowes or home depot. It drys hard yet stays flexible even under the most extreme atmospheres.

Now...You can tell if the sub has been reconed or if it was new by looking at the surround landing on the basket. If under the surround its all black i.e. black paint then it was new. If its silver under the surround then it was cleaned and reconed before.

Personally I like to see the 10's in a much smaller box. 1cu ea. seems to be best.

Next if your wanting a custom built replacement I would recone with either the new xl/lvl 5 10 surround or I would choose the reinforced surround.

Lastly if your surround ever breaks again use all purpose goop from lowes or home depot. It drys hard yet stays flexible even under the most extreme atmospheres.

Now...You can tell if the sub has been reconed or if it was new by looking at the surround landing on the basket. If under the surround its all black i.e. black paint then it was new. If its silver under the surround then it was cleaned and reconed before.

I looked under the gasket and it was black, so i guess they were not reconed before. I used some goop so i guess i'll see how that goes for a while. Is there a way you can have the recones built and ship them to me? I would send the subs out to you but the shipping is gonna be a lot. And i guess it would also depend on how much you'd charge to recone them.

XS Power 3400 (main)

XS Power 5100R x2 (rear)

XS Power XS flex 1/0

Stock deck (for now)

Rockford Fosgate PBR 300x4 (temp)

4 Rockford Fosgate Power 6.5s

Digital Designs M2a

2 Sundown Audio SA 10's

variable tuning (24/35/43)

I'm more than happy to build you some recones lol PM me your no. and I'll call you on monday to discuss how you'd like them built. Recone kits come with glue and drop in recone. If you've never done it before we also sell shims and have a how to disk we can send you on reconing. :)

Awesome man, i watch your youtube vids and i know ur big into DC subs. Never did a recone but i want to learn. I like doing my own work. Gonna pm you my # so you can hook me up.

XS Power 3400 (main)

XS Power 5100R x2 (rear)

XS Power XS flex 1/0

Stock deck (for now)

Digital Designs M2a

2 Sundown Audio SA 10's

I'm more than happy to build you some recones lol PM me your no. and I'll call you on monday to discuss how you'd like them built. Recone kits come with glue and drop in recone. If you've never done it before we also sell shims and have a how to disk we can send you on reconing. :)

Damn...I might buy a used motor and order a recone just so I can learn LOL

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

oops tried to pm you but it's not working

XS Power 3400 (main)

XS Power 5100R x2 (rear)

XS Power XS flex 1/0

Stock deck (for now)

Digital Designs M2a

2 Sundown Audio SA 10's

Edit: Sorry to derail thread. :pardon:

Thorssssss....pm mehhh. <3

Edited by tonedeaf

Ok so it turns out i was wrong about them being lelvel 3. It turns out they are indeed level 2 and i've been simply overpowering them with double the RMS rating. The coils took it like a champ but the surround and spider couldn't handle it.

The upside is i did a 140.2 @ the headrest with them. 1 door open and engine off. I'm not worried karma is gonna come back around and get the guy that sold them to me stating they were level 3.

Lesson learned. DC audio FTW me FTL

XS Power 3400 (main)

XS Power 5100R x2 (rear)

XS Power XS flex 1/0

Stock deck (for now)

Digital Designs M2a

2 Sundown Audio SA 10's

Well well well turns out someone built them and said they were level 3's. I wonder who that someone was... I don't even care anymore but i wish people would be honest about their business. This person claims they were built by a certain someone and they were given away in a raffle to his friend. Guess who supposedly built these? Can you guess? Well whoever it was you brought shame to DC soundlabs and i hope it was worth it.

These guys are out there putting out the DC audio brand name and people like you are fucking it up for them and people like me.

Wonder if it was someone on here that built these claiming they were something they are clearly not. Someone that supposedly tried to help me out but in reality did nothing at all. Funny how some things turn out...

XS Power 3400 (main)

XS Power 5100R x2 (rear)

XS Power XS flex 1/0

Stock deck (for now)

Digital Designs M2a

2 Sundown Audio SA 10's