Armykyle's build, new build thread link last page

• 3 weeks later...

is your goal 150 dB?

It'd be easiest to reach it with 2) 12s firing forward in a pretty well sealed ported enclosure. Design the box carefully and build it extremely strong.

Gonna need a bit more power too.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

polyfill in a ported box usually lowers your score.

I was testing the theory out.

Someone needs a SoloX18 :P

not gonna happen lol

is your goal 150 dB?

It'd be easiest to reach it with 2) 12s firing forward in a pretty well sealed ported enclosure. Design the box carefully and build it extremely strong.

Gonna need a bit more power too.

I plan on buying a second 3hp and 15" ti basket. Recone them to D2s and run the amp @.5ohms. getting a second batt and a HO alt. but losing my job kind of halted this. I also plan on doing interchangeable aero ports. trunk wall setup. daily tune of 28-30 and 45ish for farting. I plan on keeping the amp since I'll be able to run in the 0-500 stock class. the amp should be good for over 4k @.5 with good electrical

a little update but not really. I think I'm going to scrap the 3hp motors, probably just sell the one I have since I can't find a matching one and yes there's tons of 3hp motors out there but there's more than 4 different ones. It seems the one I have just doesn't want a friend. I'm considering running the 15" ti baskets, BTL ufo motors, aluminum cones/dust caps. Make some bad ass frankenwoofers. I heard the sundown Z3 coil mates well with this setup. I might use something similar tc sounds softparts. Most likely need tc sounds cones. I'm sure I'll get shit for this but oh well. I hope no one steals my ideas

Archived