Sonic Electronix

Probably has been asked a 1,000 times, but I wanted to know if Peal and Seal is any good/ works good? Lowes has 100sq ft for $80. It is kind of thin, so maybe I could double it up and it would work better?

If anyone has used it I would appretiate any opinions about the stuff. Thanks alot.

I havent personally used it...I have only read the reviews over at ca.com...it cant hurt to try it i guess but i decided to just save up some extra dough and went with some second skin

2005 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

HU: AVIC-D2

Fronts: ARC Audio KAR KS6006 Components

AA Poly Mids/ CDT CW-19 Tweets in kicks

Front Amp: Profile AP400x2

Rear Fill: None

Sub: DC LVL 4 (CF Dustcap) x2 (waiting for dustcaps)

AMP: RF t10001bd x2 (1400-1500 @ 1 ohm)

Wire: Welding Supply/Lighting Audio 1/0 Power/Ground

Zero Noise 2.0zn RCA (x2)

260 Amp Iraggi Alternator

Guest MegaloManiac

id personally wont ever use it. when eD came out with there eDead v1 and it was peel and seel from what i understand, i have used it before. it can get messy. David swears he loves this stuff. I can see where he is coming from since he never had any problems with it. but i wont use it.

What exactly are you trying to achieve? if you are trying to stop panel vibrations you will need to layer up on it to make it a stronger effective massload. if u still want to go peel and seel, buy some spectrum or sludge and go over the peel and seel with it to freeze it in place and it will improve other sound characteristics by stopping certain frequency's with different density materials.

Guest MegaloManiac
i just got some for the MINI. it deff killed some road noise.

yeah it'll kill some road noise. but if you really want to get rid of road noise then overkill or ensolite would be more suited for the job. it will filter out those higher frequencies from the road noise.

I was going to use if for panel vibration and road noise. line the trunk with it, Floor panels, Probably the roof. That why I wanted to see if it really stuck on there good and actually helped at all for anyone. I Have Dyamat on my Lift Gate and it worked like a dream....But alittle to expensive for me :blush: When I saw Peal and seal was only $80 for 100sq ft. I thought it'd be amazing if the stuff really worked.

I have damplifier everywhere, but I have peel and seal on the tailgate, and It wasn't too bad to work with, and it seems to stop quite a bit of the vibration, not nearly as good as the damplifier, but for the price i dont think it's bad at all.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...