Sonic Electronix

I posted this in the ask meade thread as well but yea, anyway

I have an 05 civic sedan and I wanted to build a box to have my subs firing forward and to seal off the trunk. It would be a daily driver so i'm also wondering if thats a good idea. But what i was wondering is what should i tune my box too. and what would be a good plan for the box. I have two 12 inch jl 3w3s. Ive had them for awhile by the time i get the funds to do this project i might upgrade. But anyway the Vas is 2.884 cu.ft. per sub I would like to do a ported design. I have hooked up all my systems before and am into car audio so I'm not a complete noob but never built a box so this will be an adventure for me haha.

Anyways any advice you guys can give me would be great. I have lots of planning to do i want to build a nice amp rack too and shit.

Thanks,

Caleb

I built a foward firing ported box for my daily driver and it works great. i sealed off the trunk with wood and towels. the best thing to do would be to go to peoples build threads with foward firing trunk builds and see how they do it.

1999 Audi A4 1.8T:::

4 - DC Level 3 10's in a 4th order

Rockford P6002 on Subs for now (3-3.5k coming eventually)

MB Quart ONX4.60 for Mids and Highs

Boston S50 Components in Front

Boston S65 Coaxials in Rear

40 Sq Ft of Second Skin Damplifier

Build Thread

UBL

1948 Plymouth

Not really going to work in the traditional sense of porting sealed off if your max width is 23 and the width of the subs is 24 side by side... The point of sealing off is to have the sub and port facing into the car sealed off from the airspace behind it. I'd say do a 4th order ported through the armrest for your best daily results, but it'll have to be a bit bigger volume. Do a 2:1 ported/sealed ratio and tune around 45-47hz

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

Hey sorry what I meant was 37 width, 16 height and 23 depth. Originally I meant length as in the longest portion didn't notice there was a standard. And I'd like to have 3.5 cu. Ft. Internal volume if possible as the recommended is 1. 75 for 1 sub. Maybe tune it to like 30? If that all sounds normal to you guys. I have been fucking around on box calculators and stuff but before I spend money on wood I want to ask the experienced guys agree. And some advice haha

About 2 years ago I had 2 jl w3v3 12s in about 4.2 cubes with 56 inches of port tuned to 30 hz in an 04 monte carlo firing inward ran off 1000 rms. It sounded amazing, and really killed the lows for what they are and the power. But it did lack quite a bit on the hard hitting 45-55 or so hz. But it did fine for me. I also had them in another enclosure tuned to 34 and that seemed to be really well balanced sounding. All facing in, it definitely sounds different then rear firing the subs, you may or may not like it. Just 2¢, hoped it helped a little.

'04 Walled Monte Carlo

daily driver2 DD 9518i SC D.7

DD M4a 2 sets RF T165-2s (soon to be 3)

RF T400.4

Mechman 320

XS D3100, D3400

https://www.youtube.com/user/OffensiveProduction1

okay so i was using the torres box calculator. i came out with this and it seems legit to me. but im going to name everything and ask you guys if it looks fine. as i am not 100% sure of how some stuff should be mainly like port volume and area. i would like it tuned aorund 32-35 though.

I was just wondering for feedback. also with this calculator it automatically takes into account i have 2 subwoofers? or what.... ahah just to be sure

#common walls 2 so like this http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/2017/middleportbox.jpg

using .75 mdf

outside dimensions:

H=15 W=36 D=19

Port dimensions

H=13.5

W=3

L=17

Port volume: 0.6ft^3

Port area: 40.5 in^2

Port area per foot: 10.18in^2

woofer displacement: .142 ( i used the total of both subwoofers.)

Tuning frequency: 33.98 and net volume is: 3.98 ft^3