If I open a thread on this forum in IE9, the webpage crashed and becomes unresponsive for some time, then it will 'come to' and each individual post will take up several pages worth of blank space. This problem doesn't happen on other forums.

I am running windows 7x64 on a Lenovo w700.

Tried:

Rebooting

Reinstalling IE9

Tried a different browser (firefox renders properly

Tried a different computer (ie9 on my father's desktop does just fine, so the browser itself isn't the problem)

Tried changing my theme

My computer is fully up to date

I even tried a different Wi-Fi location

UAC turned off

My feeling is that there is some setting within IE9 that isn't set right, but I don't know what. Help?

IE9 is my browser of choice, and I would prefer not to switch.

UPDATE: Problem fixed by IE9>Internet Options>Advanced>Restore to default. Then go to the SMD forums and maje sure the compatability mode setting is turned off (the torn paper icon in the address bar)

stop using IE9.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

stop using IE9.

Tried a different computer (ie9 on my father's desktop does just fine, so the browser itself isn't the problem)

E9 is my browser of choice, and I would prefer not to switch.

I stopped using IE a while back because the site started doing that. alot of other IE users had the same. Its been said before to use firefox or google chrome for best results.

I get that firefox / chrome works. I use it for when I am on this forum. Why I would like to avoid switching is that on a different computer, IE9 works perfectly on this forum. I hate to sound like I am stuck up and going against everyone's advice, but I like IE9 the best of the three, and I really don't want to switch from my favorite browser just to accommodate one website.

And because the same browser works properly on a different machine, I don't believe that the problem is with IE9, so I see less of a reason to switch.

This is frustrating.... I'm not sure why it doesn't want to work

I get that firefox / chrome works. I use it for when I am on this forum. Why I would like to avoid switching is that on a different computer, IE9 works perfectly on this forum. I hate to sound like I am stuck up and going against everyone's advice, but I like IE9 the best of the three, and I really don't want to switch from my favorite browser just to accommodate one website.

And because the same browser works properly on a different machine, I don't believe that the problem is with IE9, so I see less of a reason to switch.

This is frustrating.... I'm not sure why it doesn't want to work

thats how it was for me too, my colleges computers ran the forum fine on IE, but after switching I dont like using IE anymore. Its just one of those things...

• 3 weeks later...

Archived