Sundown Audio

gonna be big enough?

Hey guys, I've just recently got to installing all my "new to me" audio equipment in my 2010 extended cab silverado. I bought a new pioneer avh-p4300dvd and a used p3002 that came with a P3D410 10" sub. I'm finishing up the build on my box and it's going to be a down firing sealed box under my seat. The box is pretty big (around 0.95 without the sub in it). My question is, before I go cutting insulation out behind my seat for this amp, should I look into buying a different one? I can get a p8002 for 175 in great condition but i'm kinda hoping this 3002 will be big enough. I'm not at all going for spl, just want a good sounding stereo in my truck. I got the amp and sub for 120 shipped to my door (the only reason I didn't just go with an 8"). What do you guys think?

Edited by chevy_69k20

That punch 300 will work good on that p3, that amps actual power is around 375-450rms with good voltage. You could do the punch 800 if you plan on running another p3 later on but just on 1 you'd really be pushing it and might blow it if not careful.

2009 maxima, currently stock

The P3002 puts out rated power at a bridged 4ohm load. Your subwoofer can only be wired to an 8ohm load or a 2ohm load... So taking that into consideration I would look for another amplifier.

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

I wouldn't do either of those amps, I would do a mono amp that does its power at 2 ohms, if you wire the sub to either of those amps each channel is gonna be at 1 ohm, which will likely make the amp run very hot or go poof.

Edit:

I just got Ninja'd, damn it

Edited by CaptainzPlanetz

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

That punch 300 will work good on that p3, that amps actual power is around 375-450rms with good voltage. You could do the punch 800 if you plan on running another p3 later on but just on 1 you'd really be pushing it and might blow it if not careful.

Great! Thanks for the quick reply. I don't plan on running anything more than the one p3 for a LONG time. That's what i wanted to hear. thanks again!

edit: Dam* well, looks like the deal wasn't so great after all. Ok, so What amp do you guys recommend? I'm going for more reliability than anything, I want to install it and forget about it. Like always though, I would like to stay at a reasonable price.

Edited by chevy_69k20

Great! Thanks for the quick reply. I don't plan on running anything more than the one p3 for a LONG time. That's what i wanted to hear. thanks again!

Read my post...

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

Sorry chevy didn't see it was a punch 300 2 channel, yea like they said you have to run that amp at 4 ohms to get rated power out of it, sorry man. You could sell it and get a punch 400/1, or prime 500/1 if you wanted to stick with RF. Punch 400/1 is rated at 515 watts by 1 at 2 ohms

2009 maxima, currently stock

it will work but it is a more power at 2ohm then the sub can handle. Keep the gain down and you will be alright.