Second Skin Audio

Port Area ?

If I make the port bigger than the minumim port area required, will I get port noise, any help would be great, I wanna build the box sometime this weekend!!

2000 Chevy Blazer

ALT. - Mechman 270amp

DECK - Pioneer DEH-P4000UB

INTERIOR - Infinity Reference 6020cs

INT. AMP - RF P400-4

SUBS - 2 15" RF Punch P3s

SUB AMP - RF T1000-1bd

REAR BATT. - Stinger SPP1200

Just a lil sum sum to get me back in the game!!

If you have a program like winISD, it can tell you the velocity of the air leaving the port...you can then determine whether or not you should increase/port area.

Tell me the sub you plan to use, the size of your enclosure and I should be able to tell you the minimal port area without having port noise

If you have a program like winISD, it can tell you the velocity of the air leaving the port...you can then determine whether or not you should increase/port area.

Tell me the sub you plan to use, the size of your enclosure and I should be able to tell you the minimal port area without having port noise

I have 2 15 Audiobahn Flame Qs, a Hifonics BXi1606 at 1 ohm, I want my box to be 15Hx38Wx30L(8cu. ft.)

I would like it to be tuned to 32hz, subs up port back, using a square port, just like steve's box for his 18s but of cousre smaller

Thanx man :)

2000 Chevy Blazer

ALT. - Mechman 270amp

INT. AMP - RF P400-4

SUB AMP - RF T1000-1bd

assuming those are external dimensions, and that u use 3/4"wood, and assuming each sub displaces .2cubes (<---just a guess)

then a port 12"x6" that is 22" long will put u around 32hz (probably gonna have to do a 'L' shaped port...that will leave ur box at about 6.4cubes net (after sub/port displacement)

edit: sorry, i just noticed u were wondering about minimum port area... reading>me...but i will leave my post anyways

i likes me some audio stuff...

assuming those are external dimensions, and that u use 3/4"wood, and assuming each sub displaces .2cubes (<---just a guess)

then a port 12"x6" that is 22" long will put u around 32hz (probably gonna have to do a 'L' shaped port...that will leave ur box at about 6.4cubes net (after sub/port displacement)

edit: sorry, i just noticed u were wondering about minimum port area... reading>me...but i will leave my post anyways

thanx, yea I have the port size figured, my ? was I got the figure for the least amount of port area I can have, If I make the port bigger than that Im ok right?

2000 Chevy Blazer

ALT. - Mechman 270amp

INT. AMP - RF P400-4

SUB AMP - RF T1000-1bd

Is there anyone out there that can answer my ? pleaze, help needed

2000 Chevy Blazer

ALT. - Mechman 270amp

INT. AMP - RF P400-4

SUB AMP - RF T1000-1bd

If I make the port bigger than the minumim port area required, will I get port noise, any help would be great, I wanna build the box sometime this weekend!!

no you wont get port noise cause you made the port bigger. lets say your current port is 2" wide by 14" tall and 30" long which would tune the box lets say 35hz if you made the port wider say to 5" and left the hieght and lenght the same the box will have less port noise but will be tuned alot high. a port with alot of port area has to be longer to be tuned at any given hz than a port with less port area. be careful cause you dont want to much port area. i hope this helps

Archived