Jump to content

cant get avh-p3200bt to power on


Recommended Posts

Posted

This is my first time hooking up a head unit.

Trying to put in a 98 Expedition.

I connected the constant 12v, switched 12v, and ground wire. I pressed the reset button like the manual says, but the unit will not power on. What could be the problem? Do all the other wires need to be connected first? I have a feeling I already screwed it up beyond repair.

Thanks guys

-98' Ford Expedition (Rest in Peace)

-AVH-P3300BT

-Crescendo BC5500

-4 18" DC m2 Level 3.

Posted

Check the fuse on the radio and try running your own power and ground to it. I had an issue one time where the power wire didn't work so I had to run my own. I have no idea why it quit working though. You could also make a new ground too.

04' Chevy Blazer

-Kenwood KIV-BT900, Infinity Kappa 462.9cfp's, Rockford P1653's, Subs... Ridin Stock-

Posted

Tried it with the car running...and with the key turned with the car not running.

Edit* jshark, i had the stock radio playing today. Fuse on the unit seemed fine. I wonder what would cause the power/ground to quit? I'll definitely try it though. Thanks man

-98' Ford Expedition (Rest in Peace)

-AVH-P3300BT

-Crescendo BC5500

-4 18" DC m2 Level 3.

Posted

Run a different 12v constant and switched wire from fuse panel and see if it works. Some harnesses they dont work for some reason.

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts

 

Posted

Gonna try that when I get off work. Thanks

-98' Ford Expedition (Rest in Peace)

-AVH-P3300BT

-Crescendo BC5500

-4 18" DC m2 Level 3.

Posted

Lol still workin on this...damn

I have power at the 12 volt switch wire only now. I'm on the verge of hangin it up at this point.

-98' Ford Expedition (Rest in Peace)

-AVH-P3300BT

-Crescendo BC5500

-4 18" DC m2 Level 3.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 809 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...