2011 Chevy Tahoe, 10k watts, 4 Fi BTL 15s, 4 DC Power alts!

2 layers of second skin will deaden it nice and you will tighten up the bass tremendously

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

2 layers of second skin will deaden it nice and you will tighten up the bass tremendously

:werd_msword: the roofs of these trucks sound soooo hollow when the flex, and i only have 1 18" on 2200watts

check my flex video

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

Build looks cool. I'm tuned in.

Isn't this model the one that can't hold a steady voltage?

Kyle from DC Power told me there are issues with the OEM voltage regulation so what he suggested was that, since I'm getting 4 alts, that I hook up 1 alt to the OEM plug and have it power everything in the car except for the subs. The other 3 alts will be separately regulated and will be wired to the battery bank in the back that's dedicated solely to the subs. Once I actually get the alts and whatever wiring and instructions they send me I'll be able to plan this out better.

it is regulated to help with fuel economy and a few other things, but the multiple alternators is the best way to do a big system in these trucks, leave the stock alt just to run the truck, then an extra alt or 2 or 3 to run how ever big of a system your runnin, i plan on doin the dual alt setup

should be nice but why go with kicker when there are so many better amps out there. and gain matching and control of 4 amps is a pain imo. when you could do 1 big amp or 2 if needed. and my box is around 16 cubes and groundpounds daily with 4 18s. but its your build bro . maybe ill see u around at some shows even though you dont compete id like to hear it

Two reasons:

1. I started with two dual-1 ohm Fi BTL 15s I had originally planned to install in another car. When I got this car I bought two more dual-1 ohm Fi BTL 15s, but that left me with a setup that couldn't be wired to 1 ohm. So I had to find an amp or set of amps I could wire to 2 ohms. The Kicker ZX2500.1 was one of the few amps with a high power rating that can. One possibility was two 5000w amps at 1 ohm but I couldn't find much that was readily available (Sundown discontinued the SAZ-4500d right before I got this car).

2. The Kicker ZX2500.1 has an excellent rep as a reliable amp that does more than rated power, judging from the research I did. Couldn't find anyone with anything bad to say about it. They are not an "in-style" brand but seem to put out very solid equipment on the high-end now (Solo X is another example)

I see you're in Stockton! Let me know if you plan to come to any shows I'd love to see your ride.

there are tons of brands that put out more than rated and that are not in style and cost alot less than kicker if ur not set on that brand u should research more here on the forums and you will learn alot

cowboys_logo.gif

Nice start of deading the roof. I see your getting the new alpine INA-910.I just installed that in my escalade.Sounds alot better than the Kenwood ddx812 it replaced.

Ooooooooooo nice...

Working on my 93' Ford Bronco rebuild:

I have:
pioneer AVH-P6500
Infinity Reference 6032SI fronts
Infinity Reference 6832CF Rears

Crescendo CZ 6.5 kicks

Crescendo 1100.4

(2) DC Audio LvL 4 M2's

(1) Juicebox Blackcherry
Piece together amps & wiring

Bout to get:
Crescendo Amps

Crescendo Mids

Crescendo Tweets

Sky High Car Audio Wire

Rockford Fosgate 360.2 or .3

My Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/97426-93-ford-bronco-rebuild-full-system-body-paint/

Nice job on the deadening, the rear hatch is a bitch especially to get deadner on the inside of the panel.

And those plastic peices above the taillights rattle baddd, I deadened the hell out of mine

Looking good dude! Watching this like a hawk since we got the same truck :drinks:

Archived