Getting my WHOLE electrical planned

I wont have the system I want for a while. But I want to make sure I know everything I will need, and how to get it all ready before I get it. In the end I will have a RF T1500.1bdCP running on 2 DC Lvl 3 12's and either a T400.4 or a T600.4 running Punch or Power 6x9's in the rear, and a Punch or Power 6.5 component set up front. I will be doing the Big 3 in 1/0 wire, which is going to around 30 ft, give or take some. I will be doing 2 runs of 1/0 to the back, I will be doing - terminal to the ground. SO I will most likely need around 75ft of 1/0 running on around 2000 watts. I looked up the chart, so I will have a 350A fuse on the power wire from the battery. Both runs to the back will hit a distributor, for the 2 amps, I need to fuse both the power wires off the distributor correct? If so what A fuse should I use off that? I have a 60A stock alternator, I know this will not be good enough for running what I will have. This set up also will be the highest I will ever have in this car, so what would be a good Amp alternator size to look for to replace mine. I will use 8awg wire for my subs, and 14awg for the rest of my speakers. Would anyone suggest running a second battery in the back? Or if I just get a nice battery upfront would that be able to handle a 2k watt system with normal car accessories fine?

List:

75ft 1/0 wire

25ft 8 awg wire

100ft+ 14 awg wire

2x 1/0 distribution blocks

300A fuse and holder for power wire

???A fuses for distribution block to amp?

Alternaotr and batteries???

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

bump

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

I have an XS d3400 in the back of my car. I run a DC 2K, DC 175.4, and a Hifionics 100.4. I would suggest getting a battery for the back. Two battery's are better than one if you get the proper battery. Or, if you get a aftermarket alternator with good output, a good battery up front would be ok I think. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

2012 Nissan Altima SL

DC M2 Lvl 3 12" with AR cone

DC 1.2K Amp

Kicker Sum8

Kicker 4 Gauge amp kit

XS Power D2700

1.5 Cubic ft net tuned to 38Hz

Thats what I was thinking fo just doing, just getting a good alt with a good battery upfront.

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Depending on your system I would run 2 decent batteries. From the sounds of things you have enough wire to run 10k watts lol. I have 3 runs 1/0 to my rear battery and 2 batteries under my hood with a 200amp alt on roughly 3500rms and at .5 and around 4k I dont drop below 12volts

Since were all having a moment of truth.

I hate country too..

I'd only listen to it if I got some hotass bitch in my car and shes gonna suck my dick.

K will chance to a 300A fuse, thinking of something around a 200A alternator, with a nice battery upfront so I wont have to have a battery int he back, because I really wont have enough room.

Edit: FYI the 75ft of 1/0, is 2 runs to the back, and rest is for the Big 3.

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm