Computer People........help Me

well guys............i give up.....its costing too much....to "try shit out"

Bibby Id try out one of those thingyz you posted....if I could afford one.....but at the present time money is pretty tight....

so Ill have to live with the occasional bouncing in here at SMD................till I can afford to get my own internet...

:mad: :mad: :mad:

My MainMan,My lil Man,Dude,Bubb....My son Memphis @ 3years OldShow'em that car son..........

im pretty much laughing at the assumption that N has a further signal then G, people need to google up thier wireless terms before they just throw stuff out there.

Wireless N is NOT longer range then wireless G its just a different frequency range.

im pretty much laughing at the assumption that N has a further signal then G, people need to google up thier wireless terms before they just throw stuff out there.

Wireless N is NOT longer range then wireless G its just a different frequency range.

but the way most wireless N routers are made, they use a more advanced antenna system which leads to a longer range than most wireless G routers.

I agree with bibby.....I am in the IT field, and the USB adapters are really crap. Also is the router encrypted with WEP or WPA?? If so you will need the password to join the network. Make sure you get a card with the right encryption. As far as wireless N it is still technically Draft N. They have not finalized it yet. D-link stay away from....Netgear is ok, but Linksys does make the best wireless home network solutions. Hope this helps!

but the way most wireless N routers are made, they use a more advanced antenna system which leads to a longer range than most wireless G routers.

thats false , all wireless N gives you is a band frequency that has less frequency of interferance from outside devices.

well.............with a few phone calls ,and a few text messages,to my wonderfull ex girlfriend (JodiLynn in the SMD registry)

Im now connected..........weak signal....but connected...

My MainMan,My lil Man,Dude,Bubb....My son Memphis @ 3years OldShow'em that car son..........

well.............with a few phone calls ,and a few text messages,to my wonderfull ex girlfriend (JodiLynn in the SMD registry)

Im now connected..........weak signal....but connected...

Good thing I sell internet and other services for the company you are trying to hook up to, and know some of the installers to ask additional questions to.

• 1 month later...
Good thing I sell internet and other services for the company you are trying to hook up to, and know some of the installers to ask additional questions to.

jesus......I didnt see that...........................youve posted twice...... :lol: