Where can I get 100%, ethanol free gasoline near Redmond, Washington? I looked at pure gas, but the closest one is Issaquah, so it's a bit far. I am hoping some of you folks might know of something closer

I don't care the octane, as long as it's above 87. I will buy higher octane if it means getting gas in my tank, not corn.

Why? The local gas station switched, my Jeep runs like :bull: on it, gets 5 fewer mpg, and has turned into a dangerously slow slug on the freeway... Besides, if I pay to put gas in my car, I want just that. Not liquified corn or grass juice.

Thanks in advance for the help

That "liquified corn" is there to prevent knocks, along with other things. Did they switch to E-80? Because almost all gas these days has at least 10% ethanol

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

That "liquified corn" is there to prevent knocks, along with other things. Did they switch to E-80? Because almost all gas these days has at least 10% ethanol

I know that Ethanol boosts octane. I completely understand that. Here's the thing: I used to go to a semi-local gas station that sold 100% gas vs the 90/10 mix. Then they switched to E10 to get a tax break. Since then I have noticed that my jeep JK doesn't seem to run as well. If I get on the gas, it will knock slightly for a second, retard the timing, adjust the fuel mixture, then I get some power. But I have also noticed that it lacks power across the RPM band and I get about 20% less fuel economy.

What I am saying is that it runs, but no where near as well as it could run. I would be willing to make a small trip to get some pure gas.

Besides engine power and fuel economy, I have read that Ethanol isn't very good for the rubber it touches, and I can't put something that might have the slightest chance of harming the car, into the car. It's my parent's ride, so I am committed to taking care of it to the best of my ability.

I have looked at pure-gas.org and the closest one I found is in Issaquah, 21 miles away. I am HOPING that a member on this forum might know of something a bit closer then what is mentioned on the website (I am of course, operating on the assumption that the list is made up of what is reported and added to the list, and that there are some that may not be listed for whatever reason)

Please help?

Edited by SnowDrifter