Sonic Electronix

Looking for help with a boats stereo system!

Hey guys im not sure if this is the correct place or if anyone even has experience with boats on here. But if so i would love some help.

I have a friend that came to me and wants a system for his boat... (tower speakers, amp, and sub.) He went to a local audio shop and they quoted him for 2 speakers an amp and sub 3100 dollars. All that stuff was wetsound which i know is good but there has to be something that can get just as loud for cheaper. He wants to keep it around $2000 dollars.

So does anyone have experience with boats? Ive never done one before so it would be something new but i think i could get him a good system for less than 3100 dollars and it would be an experience for me as well. So any help or recommendations on what to get or where to look?

Ya i have found some pretty good prices on stuff, but i dont want it to sound like crap.. I have no experience with marine audio so i dont have a clue what brands are good and what isnt. I guess i need some insight on what brands to check out, i know whats good in car audio but dont know if any of that would sound good in a can on a tower.

Boats suk to put stereo in..done few myself fiberglass is a mess suks to cut.I.know ur friend wants to save.if choice u need marine speakers n.amps.if not use whatever kicker does okay.made my own tower pods with clamps

Just need welder we saved money but alot of work...

I like alpines marine stuff. I've used a few. Alpine, Sony, Fusion, and Pioneer. The fusion actually sounded pretty good but I liked the alpine's sound the best in the application.

Edited by Robert8252

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

Yeah ive really been eyeing the kicker 6500.2 it says its an HLCD speaker and is horn loaded so it seems like with the right amount of power you would be able to hear it pretty far behind the boat.

If hes just looking for sound and doesnt really care about getting sound outside the boat then, maybe like the kicker kmt60, a sub and a 5 channel amp?

Im mainly looking at kicker cause they seem to have stuff that i could get for a little cheaper and im hoping its quality stuff.