Jd1102 Posted July 14, 2011 Report Posted July 14, 2011 wow never thought of that stuff either used it to put in my lights outside in my driveway do they make it big enough for several runs in one tube?
scooter99 Posted July 14, 2011 Report Posted July 14, 2011 Ya know without looking around I'm not sure. I think you can get it at Home Depot in 1 1/2" widths, but I'm not 100% on that. But even if you have that and you can only fit two lines in there, you put two powers in one line and two grounds in the other you're set, and protected in both ways. If something does happen in the line, you don't risk the power and ground slicing into each other. Just an added precaution. I'll look and see what sizes it comes in and report back. I'm interested now too. My new build is gonna have two 1/0 ga to the back so if I can conceal it in one line I'll be a happy camper. Facebook Page: S99Creations 2006 F250 Lariat Build
Jd1102 Posted July 14, 2011 Report Posted July 14, 2011 Ya know without looking around I'm not sure. I think you can get it at Home Depot in 1 1/2" widths, but I'm not 100% on that. But even if you have that and you can only fit two lines in there, you put two powers in one line and two grounds in the other you're set, and protected in both ways. If something does happen in the line, you don't risk the power and ground slicing into each other. Just an added precaution. I'll look and see what sizes it comes in and report back. I'm interested now too. My new build is gonna have two 1/0 ga to the back so if I can conceal it in one line I'll be a happy camper. ive been lookin havn't seen the kind like u had i saw a more plasticky kind looked softer but if 2 can go in each i think i would be fine with that lol edit: found some at carlon.com thats called carflex up to 2 inches
scooter99 Posted July 14, 2011 Report Posted July 14, 2011 Here's a link to some 2" gray by 100' long. I know that's kind of long but at least you know it's out there. Google Carlon Flexible Conduit. My link Facebook Page: S99Creations 2006 F250 Lariat Build
scooter99 Posted July 14, 2011 Report Posted July 14, 2011 BTW OP, sorry about the amp rack question. I must have missed the last few pics. Sorry about that. Looks like a clean set up. I love that Knu wire too. That stuff is soooo flexible. Facebook Page: S99Creations 2006 F250 Lariat Build
Ichigo Posted July 14, 2011 Author Report Posted July 14, 2011 I welcome all suggestions and Scooter99 you had very good ideas. As far as the port angles I had to do alot of sanding to get them square and that was a mistake I made in my cutting and learned from my mistake. Second the epoxy was to help ensure the t-nuts didn't go anywhere. I have read many posts that they strip out if you crank down to hard and that was suggested to remedy the problem. I also plan on caulking the rest of the hole to prevent moisture from coming in.
knowledge Posted July 14, 2011 Report Posted July 14, 2011 great build man. i also used epoxy were the t-nuts dig in the wood for extra security and it helps a ton. did u put the box through the front? it looks like u cant take it out through the back wich is another added security i like. also, hows the rear looking now that its lowered and with the box and all? REFF'SMy linkEBAYhttp://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=trueI love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.
scooter99 Posted July 14, 2011 Report Posted July 14, 2011 Nice. That's how you learn, from experiences good and bad. Great work. You may want to try and fill in that gap before you caulk it. Otherwise, even if you get the caulk to stay now, it'll break down on it's own weight and most likely will fall out at some point. Get a piece of metal flashing or something like that, again at home depot or lowes for like a buck, and deaden in on one side. Cut it to form around the cables within about a 1/4" - 3/16", to keep it away from the cables. Then seal it up there with gutter caulking. THAT CRAP IS STRONG AS HELL. And it's water proof. So you'll not only not screw into the floor of your car, but that stuff will hold it, and not come off. Then you can put another little sheet of deadener over the top from inside if you want. Probably won't need it though. Facebook Page: S99Creations 2006 F250 Lariat Build
Ichigo Posted July 14, 2011 Author Report Posted July 14, 2011 great build man. i also used epoxy were the t-nuts dig in the wood for extra security and it helps a ton. did u put the box through the front? it looks like u cant take it out through the back wich is another added security i like. also, hows the rear looking now that its lowered and with the box and all? I had to go thru the passenger door with both seats and console out to get box in. That is the only way i could figure to get it in due to its width. it sits 30.5" from ground to fender in the rear and i am thinking of taking the 1" blocks out to bring it up to 31.5" and the front would be 31" from ground to fender.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.