rooting gives you root access to the apps on the phone. so you can delete the extra crap the phone comes with if you want such as (for me) t mobile app pack, t mobile tv, etc. also allows the installation of some other apps, as well as flashing roms which are more custom/customizable and can also make the phone much faster.

but it also voids warranty, so be careful if you decide to go that route. some phones i believe you can make it go back to factory, given that you are still able to use the phone should something happen to it. i could do that with my HD2, but that was on windows mobile

oh ok i did know you can overclock the processor if you root but im still on the fence because it voids warranty.

I also read that the task killer is embedded in the newest update

i have a task manager, but not a task killer. so i still use it, unless that's the one they're embedding instead of their own thing. HTC tried their hand at a swype type texting app that was embedded...and it sucks. horribly. mine did come with a virus scan tho so no need to download others. it seems to work pretty well so far. overclocking is also a possibility, but the sensation and evo 3D are already so fast, i personally don't see a real need to. i plan on rooting mine when the time comes, and that'll probably just make it that much faster. rather not risk the innards anyways

EDIT: i have insurance on my phone...so not too worried about warranty lol. so if something happens i can still get a new phone. gotta pay a little, but i can still enjoy my phone more. plus, only real issue would be a broken screen but the sensation as well as evo 3D use gorilla glass so even that is a far cry now :)

Edited by Torres

the problem is near every android phone has a shitty battery, so when you overclock it becomes more shitty...also theres always somethign that doesnt work correctly with custom roms ALWAYS and its so damn random. best bet is to find one that works the best stock for you.

yeah that too on the battery. mine ran like SHIT for a couple days and then i realized my screen back light was all the way up and my gps was constantly on. oops lol. fixed that now and it lasts all day and then some with some pretty good use.

you'll enjoy the phone stock. i'm in no hurry to flash roms, i just want to root it and clean some stuff up

well got the phone today and coming from a POS dumb phone its pretty amazing i just dont really know where to start and am being pretty cautious i got the screen protector for glass and an otterbox for the case as well

Got the 3d day it came out, seems to b a great phone So far, but I always so darn busy that I haven't had 2 minutesto play with it!!! I had 2 of the first evo and they were good for the first couple months but ten became sloer and slower?!!? There sme features of da 3d I don't like I

As in, it doesn't have the flashlight like the original Nor does it have the kickstand n 3d pics d kinds tricky as in u need to focus in on them to get the effect, everything else seems to b pretty straight so far... I personally dont think it's really worth the 600 they sellin for or the $200 upgrade?? I'm glad to have got it at da price I did, or I mayb a lil salty paying for something I don't really get to use personally

• 2 weeks later...

Get my Evo 4G through work tomorrow. Will have a iPhone 4 and Droid now to carry around. Bet I sill get bored. Just going with the thread without rooting what is worth checking out on a Droid that's neat or just a cool feature I guess?

Edited by Robert8252

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff