building system, wondering about hairtricks

lol, was actually looking into SPL in forums a sec ago.

ya, im definately going to put alot of thought into the speakers b4 i actually get any, theres way too many choices out there, prolly look into everything i can for a week then make decisions on ATLEAST the mid/highs.

was thinking that i could always just go with 2x 18s and 4x 15s for huge airflow, but i listen to metal a good bit also, and i heard speakers that size are bad for it because of the reflex time and i wouldnt get a decent sound quality from the quick drums. lol, but i have enough room for about 28x 8s in there

Optimus XL-400w amp 2x 10s IMPP 400w 2x something or other in dash 2x 35w radioshack 8" full-range AcDelco factory radio "frankenstein'd from my dead buick" Dodge seats 1984 Chevy G30 full size 1-ton van "Rust Monster" Progress - around 15% primer/patching

Sold the van in 2014, had it about 75% done, never did get the system in it. Bought a 2000 Chevy S10, still using the same amp/subs. Headunit is XO Vision X538. It's 52x4w, has a dvd player, auto flip out 7" touch screen plus alot more and is a single din.

ya, im definately going to put alot of thought into the speakers b4 i actually get any, theres way too many choices out there, prolly look into everything i can for a week then make decisions on ATLEAST the mid/highs.

was thinking that i could always just go with 2x 18s and 4x 15s for huge airflow, but i listen to metal a good bit also, and i heard speakers that size are bad for it because of the reflex time and i wouldnt get a decent sound quality from the quick drums. lol, but i have enough room for about 28x 8s in there

if you plan on doing a wall and all this good stuff with extra batts, zero gauge, etc etc, I would also take the time to do some reasearch on different sub companies, and also save up a lot of money if budget is an issue, just wait and do it right off the bat bro. like others have said, with the proper equipment, there's many people at there that are able to do hair tricks with sealed boxes.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

don't mix and match sub sizes unless you're talking about subwoofers in the doors like meade or trippi, and i'm sure many others also.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

talking about "dont mix and match sub sizes" i can always extend the outer walls and put the mid/highs there instead no prob and keep the foldback walls only for subs, lets say 12x 12s plenty of room for ports then, budget is around 3-4k, hoping for a whole setup. basically made to be FOR tricks, but if im not at shows etc, i want to be able to go full power and listen to the songs "gonna need alot of mid/highs also i figure" didnt really want to use 18s, and 15s probably wont sound good with morbid angel, meshuggah etc. main reason i have the 10s in there atm, but those seem to work good for metal, classic rock, rap, DnB.

could use a crap ton of 10s "like 40" but i dont know if get much airflow even if the amps are tuned down in the 30-40s

setup is definately going to be fully switch operated in the dashboard, seperate rows of subs, mids, highs, able to turn 2 speakers on at a time

Optimus XL-400w amp 2x 10s IMPP 400w 2x something or other in dash 2x 35w radioshack 8" full-range AcDelco factory radio "frankenstein'd from my dead buick" Dodge seats 1984 Chevy G30 full size 1-ton van "Rust Monster" Progress - around 15% primer/patching

Sold the van in 2014, had it about 75% done, never did get the system in it. Bought a 2000 Chevy S10, still using the same amp/subs. Headunit is XO Vision X538. It's 52x4w, has a dvd player, auto flip out 7" touch screen plus alot more and is a single din.

You should really stick around here for another 5 months before you do anything in that van, your ideas will change plans, equipment, ect ect. good luck

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

You should really stick around here for another 5 months before you do anything in that van, your ideas will change plans, equipment, ect ect. good luck

This is so true. :drinks:

2 polk audio 4x6'skenwood head-unit 220 amp Mechman alt1979 Corvette

2003 corvette z06

alpine radio and the bose system that came stock

i think your right, its going to take me atleast a good month to read all i can about SPL just in the forums on here, then look around for "actually good" amps, speakers etc, and get custom boxes made instead of plywood, by that time i might even be able to "hopefully" double my budget

How's it going, first post.

I got a full size van, gonna be putting a HUGE wall into it, split down the middle, both sides on hinges. If possible with the money I have, was going to go with... 6x boss phantom 12s "2400W", 2x SPL 15s "2800w", 4x boss 6x9 "400w", 8x soundstorm 3-way "250w"