Truck Design Help....94 Ford F350 CC

Ok so here's what I've decided to do as far as the subs. I'm going to get creative here. Would love to hear your guy's input on it. I'm going to take out my back seat, dimensions - 59" wide, 23" deep, 11" tall. I'm going to recreate the seat and make it into an enclosure. I'm going to go with Audioque Equipment I've decided. Seems like great bang for the buck.

Going to go with 4 HDC310 Copper Coils with Dual 2ohm coils. The box will be approx 6.0 cubes with between 80 - 100 inches of port area. My design thought is to either do one port in the center, somehow. I'm still learning on this part of it, well all of the enclosure part, so I'm trying to figure out what I can and can't do and how things work. So, I'll either do the one port in the center for all 4 subs, or do a divider in the middle and give each pair 3.0 cubes and 40 - 50 inches of port area, and have them meet in the middle with the divider between. Basically like taking two enclosures, and butting the sides with the ports together. Still get my ports in the middle. Or the other thing would be a port on each end. Maybe a full enclosure, no divider, and then half port area on one side, and half on the other. Can I do that? That's what I'm still trying to learn about.

So 4 Audioque HDC310 D1's powered by an Audioque AQ3500.1 which should give me plenty of power depending on what I'm going to go with for my charging and electrical system. Maybe I'll go to 2 AQ3500.1's in the future depending on finances and what I want to do. But I think that will be plenty of power.

This is in reply for earlier and not for what you recently posted about the back seat. Take out the front passenger seat, and find a single seat to replace it, and build a sub box as the center console?

And put a single 8-12" sub in it.

Bass Music Producer • Photographer • Graphic Designer

--------------

Deep Sector Boom...

• 3 months later...

I actually have a different idea now. I'm kind of getting a little out of the box on this whole build.

After thinking about it a little bit, I'm not overly comfortable with remaking the rear seat just for a sub enclosure. I don't want to risk the kids safety because of some sound. So, here's what i've come up with.

Center console box, like quakecitystudio said, but a really big one! Let me explain!

In my truck I've learned from another forum, that the front seat will also fit in the back seat! The front seat is a 40/20/40 split. So I have three options to look at.

Option one: Remove the center (20) and make an enclosure that goes from the dash to the rear seat. It's about 46ish inches from front to back, about 17 1/2 inches wide, and the seat level is at 9.5". If you do the math on that, unless I'm doing it wrong, that gives me 4.42 cu ft. Now then, I'm thinking of using the SMD AA 15" subs. Those bitches are 15.75" deep! Obviously that's more than my 9.5". So I add height to account for speaker and vent. So I add 7.25 (9.5" + 15.75" + 1.0" for extra) in height, about 20" (15.625" sub + extra for vent etc), and then I have my 17.5 in width which gives me an extra 1.46 cu ft giving me a total of 5.88 to work with. Minus displacement at .24 cu ft equals 5.64 cu ft. Also minus vent, which I don't know yet. SO I should be around 4.5 cu ft. of workable airspace.

Option two: THIS IS WHERE WE GET A LITTLE NUTZ!!!!!!!! Now then, take the above measurement, and add a second sub to it. We have a base cu footage of 4.42. we added 1.46 cu ft to it. To the extra lets add another 17" x 7.25" x 17.5" to account for the second sub. That's an additional 1.248 cu ft. Add that in, we've got 7.12 cu ft minus .24 for the extra sub and we have a total of 6.88 cu ft. Minus the vent, again don't know how much that will be, we've got somewhere around 3 cu ft per sub.

Option three: NOW WE'RE REALLY NUTZ!!!!! Take a second front bench seat from another vehicle, remove the rear bench seat, put that in place and remove the center (20) like the front seat. Now we've gone from 46" of length, to an additional 32" of length. That puts our length at 76". The new base space is 7.50 cu ft, add the 1.46 cu ft and the 1.24 cu ft = 10.2 cu ft. Take out displacement you have a total of 9.72 cu ft before vent displacement. The subs then go to the rear between the back seats. I think that 9.72 cu ft is a lot but after the vent I'm guessing they'll be around 4.0 - 4.25 cu ft per sub. The site recommends 2-4 cu ft per sub vented. So I'm thinking we're in the good range there, somewhere about!

Now then the power! I'm thinking of powering them with one or two AQ 3500D.1's.

I'm going to do some drawings on MS Paint, cause I don't have or know how to use anything else. Then it would make more sense I think to some! Be right back!

Port noise, mechanical noise, inefficiency, looks... The list of disadvantages to a center console box goes on and on. I've seen a few great looking center console builds, but ive yet to see loud center console builds. Down firing would be idea for a center console IMO... It gives the sound waves more time to develop.

But like I told you before... Nothing beats a blowthrough. A wall will get louder of course, but nothing looks cleaner than a properly done blowthrough. In addition, if somebody does happen to look into your truck, looking to steal something... A center console ot a wall screams steal me.... But a blowthrough cam easilly be overlooked.

Those are all good points! Thanks! I thought down firing caused problems. Just my non understanding maybe.

Here's the diagrams I was talking about.

Option 1:

Option1.png

Option 2:

Option2.png

Option 3:

Option3.png

What do you guys think? As I said before, I don't know about the vent, size etc. so that's just something i threw into these drawings.

Archived