1st Gen Ipad in the dash?

ive wanted to do this for a while, i wont be getting a ipad2 for this, pointless IMO, the ipad 1 will work just fine

now the headunit i have is the Alpine 9886.

it doesent charge my phone, but ive heard it trickle charges a ipad? alpine headunits in general through the 30pin dock connector, can anyone confirm this?

also ill most likely buy this

http://www.mobilesolutions-usa.com/smartparts/itemplates.htm

anybody have any tips for this? easy way to make it removable?

i dont have the Ipad yet, so im just gathering ideas, but this is the next project ill be doing in the burban, along with a custom center console to hold the AC controls and headunit

any tips/tricks will be helpful :drinks:

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

Should check out the thread that epicentre designs made for idea`s, his is an ipad 2 in a hummer H2 dash.

G`luck with it :good:

Edit: shit forgot link :rofl:Thread

Edited by Emmet

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

Should check out the thread that epicentre designs made for idea`s, his is an ipad 2 in a hummer H2 dash.

G`luck with it :good:

Edit: shit forgot link :rofl:Thread

thanks dude! i forgot about that :drinks:

whats buggin me is how im gunna mount it and make it removeable

No headunit will charge the iPad worth a damn. 1a chargers won't output enough power. And I'm fairly certain most if not all headunits will output less than 1a.

If I were in your position, I'd try and find a cable that has a breakout where you can connect via USB to the headunit, but you can pull power from a cig. lighter.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

No headunit will charge the iPad worth a damn. 1a chargers won't output enough power. And I'm fairly certain most if not all headunits will output less than 1a.

If I were in your position, I'd try and find a cable that has a breakout where you can connect via USB to the headunit, but you can pull power from a cig. lighter.

this...

wish I had time to just have you send it to me, have the urethane and everything....lol

But still trying to find time to get Minels doors done. good thing he said "I dont care if it takes a year, do your thing..." lol

(kids leave this weekend, will be back on them soon...)

06 2500hd, 6.0L, 4l80e, 4wd, (muah work truck)

7" BDS HC lift kit

(5) 37x13.5R18 Toyo Open Country M/Ts

(5) 18x10 Moto Metal MO962

tablet in lieu of deck

blue tooth interconnect to soundstream eq (for volume control and bass control)

4 Alpine type r 10's

6 cubes net, 80sqin's port, tuned to 33hz

2 brutus brx5000.5's

2 pairs 3" polk audio for a pillars

4 pairs polk audio 6.5 comps

1 pair 8" polk audio for mids

2 xspower d3400 batteries

.....learning alot from meade and his circle of some of the baddest installers ive seen- thanks guys, for not being so cocky and posting the way it should be done!

P.S. Thanks Steve....for the demo!!!! loud as fauk!

this...

wish I had time to just have you send it to me, have the urethane and everything....lol

But still trying to find time to get Minels doors done. good thing he said "I dont care if it takes a year, do your thing..." lol

(kids leave this weekend, will be back on them soon...)

Man I'm glad you came in here, the way you did you dash is how I would want mine, I just don't have the skills.

See I'm in no hurry either, I don't even have the iPad yet.

I'd love to have you fab my dash up for a iPad

I just got an ipad on sunday and am working on making it work in my dash (03 Sierra) i have done it in an 02 tahoe before and it worked great.

I have mine sitting upwards (not sideways) and it slides out the top so i can update it and add music etc

when i do it there will be a wood frame that will be fiberglassed to the back of the dash bezel with fabric on the inside.

the way that i plan on getting around the charging problem is because i already have an EQ with an aux input ill use that inpud for the ipad and i bought a cable thats ipod conneciton to rca with charging (you just connect it to +/- and it will charge it while still playing music.

the other reason why i will be using the aux on EQ is because my HU (pioneer 6300 flip out) wont allow me to control off the ipod itself so it makes having the ipad in your dash not as cool if you cant search through the music etc on it...at that point i might as well leave my iphone plugged in itll do that same thing you know?

my point being make sure before you start doing anything make sure that you can do whatever it is that you see as important on the ipad. and make changes from what you find

i will be posting pics this weekend of my ipad build when i start it if you want to check it out

hope this helps

JonSig1_zpsaea3e8d2.gif

Contact us for the best quality cables and accessories with the fastest shipping in the industry

EMAIL: [email protected]<script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

LIKE US ON FB: https://www.facebook.com/SkyHighCarAudio

ADD ME ON FB: https://www.facebook.com/jon.rabe.1

MONSTER SKY HIGH/DC GMC: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/127057-sky-high-monster-gmc-walk-through-12-lvl-5-15s-6-9ks-trim-panels-and-wiring-p-90/

Also don't make the same mistake I did. Get the 32 gig at the very least. Being that you will use this for music, if you have a music collection of any real size, you will go over.

Right now I have 30 gigs used. Since I also use the camera connect kit, I bought the 64 gig. And this is after having bought the 16 gig months before.

It's just money, right? *cries*

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

Also don't make the same mistake I did. Get the 32 gig at the very least. Being that you will use this for music, if you have a music collection of any real size, you will go over.

Right now I have 30 gigs used. Since I also use the camera connect kit, I bought the 64 gig. And this is after having bought the 16 gig months before.

It's just money, right? *cries*

O my god im sorry lol

JonSig1_zpsaea3e8d2.gif

Contact us for the best quality cables and accessories with the fastest shipping in the industry

EMAIL: [email protected]<script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

LIKE US ON FB: https://www.facebook.com/SkyHighCarAudio

ADD ME ON FB: https://www.facebook.com/jon.rabe.1

MONSTER SKY HIGH/DC GMC: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/127057-sky-high-monster-gmc-walk-through-12-lvl-5-15s-6-9ks-trim-panels-and-wiring-p-90/